Peppermint Mocha Brownies are a new favorite treat in our house – I love the light peppermint flavor and the gooey chocolate (feel free to omit the dairy-free chocolate chips if you like yours a little less chocolatey). Perfect for the holidays!
This post is sponsored by Califia Farms, but the opinions are my own.
I cannot wait for all of you to try these! Made a little extra-special with the help of Califia Farms Peppermint Mocha Cold Brew Latte, these little brownies are packed with some major flavor! I love sipping on the Peppermint Mocha Cold Brew Latte …. Adding it to some gooey brownies is next level!
Why You Will Love this Recipe
- Quick: You use just one bowl to toss your ingredients together and then in the oven they go! Really quick and easy.
- Peppermint Mocha: I mean, who doesn’t love that combination of coffee + chocolate + peppermint!
- Vegan + GF: I love that these are a yummy vegan + gluten-free option!
What You Will Need
- flax eggs
- Califia Farms Plant Butter
- coconut sugar
- real maple syrup
- Califia Farms Peppermint Mocha Cold Brew Latte
- vanilla extract
- peppermint extract
- baking powder
- kosher salt
- cocoa powder
- xantham gum
- 1-to-1 gluten-free flour
- dairy-free chocolate chips
- crushed candy canes or other peppermint candy
How to Store These
You can leave them out on the counter overnight, but since they don’t have preservatives in them I would recommend keeping them in the refrigerator after 24 hours or so! They will keep in there for 5-7 days.
Other recipes you might like:Print
Peppermint Mocha Brownies – such a fun baking recipe for the holidays!
- 2 flax eggs (1 flax egg = 2 tablespoons water + 1 tablespoons ground flax meal)
- ½ cup Califia Farms Plant Butter, melted (measure before melting)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- ¼ cup Califia Farms Peppermint Mocha Cold Brew Latte
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder (whisk first if necessary to break up any little chunks)
- ⅛ teaspoon xantham gum
- 1 cup 1-to-1 gluten-free flour
- ¼–⅓ cup dairy-free chocolate chips (mini morsels or regular size)
- Crushed candy canes or other peppermint candy
- Take two small bowls and combine a flax egg in each (in each little bowl should be 1 tablespoon ground flax and 2 tablespoons water). Let sit for at least 5 minutes (or more) while you gather your other ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 9×9 or 8×8 baking pan with parchment, leaving little flaps on either end so you can lift out brownies later on. Spray with some olive oil. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the melted vegan butter, coconut sugar and maple syrup. Whisk to combine.
- Add flax eggs in and whisk gently to combine.
- Add Peppermint Mocha Cold Brew Latte, vanilla extract and peppermint extract. Whisk to combine.
- Add baking powder, salt, cocoa powder, gluten-free flour and xanthum gum. Use a spoon to combine. Add in chocolate chips and stir.
- Pour into baking pan, spreading out evenly.
- Place in oven, middle rack, and let bake for 18-22 minutes.
- Remove and let cool, about 15 minutes.
- Pull out using parchment paper flaps and place on plate to cool.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes, if desired. Cut and serve immediately.
- Cocoa Powder: If your cocoa powder is clumpy at all I would recommend whisking that on its own first so you don’t have lumpy brownies.
- Gluten-Free Flour: I used this kind.
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Chips: I like these.
- Chocolate: Feel free to add more chocolate chips if you like your brownies really chocolatey OR you can omit them if you don’t like really chocolatey brownies.
- Fluffy Brownies: If you like more a light and fluffy brownie I would recommend add an additional 1/4 teaspoon baking powder.
- Storage: You can leave them out on the counter overnight, but since they don’t have preservatives in them I would recommend keeping them in the refrigerator after 24 hours or so! They will keep in there for 5-7 days.
Keywords: peppermint mocha brownies, vegan brownies, dairy-free brownies