These easy Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles are a light and refreshing dessert that you can enjoy all summer long! Made with real, simple ingredients that are even dairy-free. Perfect for enjoying on at your next 4th of July celebration or just on the patio during those hot summer days!
The Best Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles
Who is ready for summer!? It is that time of year again, when the strawberries are ripe for picking and everyone is craving strawberry shortcake! But, if it is too hot for baking or you just need a lighter and cooler option, you have to try these creamy strawberry shortcake popsicles. They are kid approved and so easy to make over and over again. Definitely a family favorite recipe every year! Excited for you guys to try this one!
Looking to try the real deal!? We also have a delicious recipe for a classic strawberry shortcake!
What You Will Need
- fresh large strawberries – during early summer (strawberry season) it is so easy to find ripe strawberries at the local grocery stores or farmers market.
- coconut sugar – a little added to the fresh strawberries for a touch of sweetness.
- full fat coconut milk & unsweetened almondmilk – the creamy base of these popsicles that is completely dairy-free!
- lemon zest & fresh lemon juice – a little bit of acidity to lighten & brighten this easy recipe.
- maple syrup – added for a little more sweetness, these frozen popsicles are dessert after all!
- vanilla extract – just a splash for added flavor!
- graham crackers – crushed into pieces for a little crust on the bottom of each popsicle.
- plant-based butter – keep it dairy-free with a plant-based butter or sub with regular butter.
How To Make Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles
The first steps to making these easy popsicles is finding the most perfectly ripe strawberries. They will need to be hulled (or remove the stem) and then cut in half. Half of the strawberries can go in a small bowl to be smashed with a fork and mixed with the coconut sugar. Set it aside.
Place all of the creamy filling ingredients in a food process or blender.
Pulse the popsicle filling ingredients a few times to blend everything slightly, without completely breaking down the strawberries into a pureé.
In another small bowl, mix the crushed graham crackers and butter with a fork.
Now divide the smashed strawberries into each popsicle mold and pour in the filling ingredients, leaving some room at the top (which will end up being the bottom of the popsicle). This is where you will add some of the graham cracker “crust”. Finally, place the popsicle sticks in the middle and put the entire mold in the freezer. Freeze overnight and enjoy the next day!
Made this strawberry mint mojito recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles – Light and refreshing summer popsicles (perfect for the 4th of July!) that are creamy and delicious!
- 10 fresh strawberries, stem removed & halved
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
Creamy Popsicle Filling:
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almondmilk
- 10 fresh strawberries, stem removed & halved
- zest of 1 small lemon
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Graham Cracker “Crust”
- 3–4 graham crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (option to use plant-based)
- Graham Cracker Crust: Add crushed graham crackers and melted plant based butter to small mixing bowl. Mix together with fork. Set aside.
- Smash Strawberries: Place 10 strawberries in bowl and smash with a fork. Mix in the coconut sugar and set aside.
- Make Creamy Filling: Put the Creamy Popsicle Filling Ingredients (listed above) in a food processor or blender.
- Pulse: Pulse a couple times so that the strawberries are broken down but not pureed.
- Add Smashed Strawberries: Take your popsicle mold and add a scoop of the smashed strawberries.
- Add Filling: Then add the Creamy Popsicle Filling, leaving a little room at the bottom.
- Add Graham Cracker Crust: Then scoop in a little of the graham cracker “crust” into the bottom, pressing in a little so it can freeze into the popsicle.
- Freeze: Add your popsicle sticks and then place in the freezer overnight.
- Sweetness: depending on your taste, you can adjust the sweetness level in these popsicles by omitting the sugar added to the smashed strawberries or lower the amount of maple syrup.
- Gluten-Free: easily make these gluten-free by using gluten-free graham crackers!
- Serving Size: 1 popsicle
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 11.4 g
- Sodium: 77.1 mg
- Fat: 7.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.6 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 6.1 mg
Keywords: strawberry shortcake popsicle