This Strawberry Mojito recipe is a fruity twist on the classic mojito recipe and calls for just a few simple ingredients. Enjoy juicy strawberries paired with fresh mint, homemade simple syrup, and mild tasting rum to experience the perfect drink for the next hot summer day.
The Best Strawberry Mojito
It’s strawberry season and the perfect time to whip up the freshest of all cocktails, the strawberry mojito! Treat yourself with a single serving or make a double or triple batch to wow a crowd. No matter how you serve it, this delicious drink is sure to impress in both flavor and presentation. Serve it alongside our yummy smoked salmon dip or Mexican street corn dip for the perfect summer happy hour.
What You Will Need
- lime – Use lime wedges to coat your glass rim to hold on the sugar and use a citrus juicer to add a zesty lime flavors throughout.
- granulated sugar – Just a bit to coat the rim of your mojito glass. This adds to the beautiful presentation of this drink and a pop of sweetness.
- fresh mint leaves – The natural menthol flavors add to the refreshing nature of this drink. Save a few mint springs for a fun garnish.
- fresh strawberries – Perfectly ripe strawberries are the star of the show, adding flavor and color to this fun summer drink.
- white rum – Sometimes called silver rum, this is a neutral tasting light rum compared to the darker varieties and the best rum to use in this cocktail.
- simple syrup – Feel free to pick up your favorite variety from the grocery store, or for the freshest flavors, try making your own simple syrup.
- ice cubes – A must for any summer drink.
- tonic water – We tested this recipe with soda water and sparkling water, but found the tonic water brought a mild citrus flavor that elevated this drink to the max.
How To Make Strawberry Mojito
Start by gathering and measuring your ingredients. If you plan on making this refreshing cocktail for a crowd, scroll down to the recipe card to double or even triple the recipe.
Next, select a fancy looking glass and rub a lime wedge around the edge, ensuring that the lime juice coats the rim of the glass. Then flip the glass upside down and gently twist the glass rim into a plate of sugar. This will leave you with a beautifully sugar coated rim.
Put the mint leaves into the glass and use a cocktail muddler to gently mash the herb. Then add in one diced strawberry and do the same technique. This is one of the best ways to help flavors of fragrant mint and fresh strawberry bind with the white rum when added.
Get out a small blender or food processor and add in the rum, lime juice, simple syrup, and remaining strawberries and blend until all the ingredients are smooth.
Add a few ice cubes into the glass with the muddled mint and strawberries and pour the blended strawberry mixture over the top. Finally, top with a little bit of tonic water for the most refreshing flavor. And there you have it! The perfect summer cocktail.
Tonic Water vs. Soda Water
Tonic water contains quinine and sugar, which results in a slightly bitter and sweet flavor. Soda water contains additional minerals, which provide a very mild salty flavor. Both carbonated options will work, but we found that the slightly sweet and citrusy flavor of tonic water complimented this drink the best.
Give your drink a taste and feel free to adjust the amount of tonic water and/or simple syrup to your liking. Then garnish with fresh lime slices and mint and you’ve got yourself a delicious summer cocktail!
- lime juice: Feel free to use fresh lime juice, bottled lime juice, or key lime juice.
- tonic water: You can use sparkling water or soda water instead, but we found tonic water provided the best flavor.
- serving a crowd: Double or triple this recipe when serving a group!
- strawberry mojito mocktail: If alcoholic drinks aren’t your thing, simply leave out the rum to make this a virgin strawberry mojito
Made this strawberry mint mojito recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Strawberry Mojito – a light and refreshing strawberry mojito recipe that is perfect for hot summer days by the lake or pool!
- 1 lime wedge
- granulated sugar for rim (optional)
- fresh mint leaves (approx. 12 + more for garnish)
- 2 large strawberries
- 1oz white rum
- 1.5 tablespoons lime juice*
- 1.5 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1 cup ice cubes
- splash of tonic water**
- Take lime wedge and rub around the rim of the your glass. Place some granulated sugar on a small plate and turn the glass upside down and rub into the sugar. Turn back over and set down.
- Add mint leaves to glass. Use a cocktail muddler to muddle the mint leaves.
- Take one large strawberry and dice. Add to the glass and muddle as well. Add ice on top of the muddled mint and strawberry.
- Take a small blender or food processor and add the other large strawberry, rum, lime juice and simple syrup. Blend until smooth. Pour over the ice.
- Top off with some tonic water and garnish with fresh mint and a sliced strawberry.
- *Lime Juice: feel free to use fresh lime juice, bottled lime juice or key lime juice.
- **Tonic Water: while you can use a sparkling water or soda water – we tested all the options – the tonic water resulted in the best tasting mojito.
- Double: feel free to double or triple the recipe to make larger batches.
- Serving Size: 1 drink
- Calories: 203
- Sugar: 21.8 g
- Sodium: 16.9 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.2 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: strawberry mojito