These ultimate Frozen Strawberry Margaritas can be mixed up in the blender in a matter of 5 minutes! They are the perfect combination of fruity strawberries, tangy lime juice, and, of course, a healthy splash of tequila!
An Easy Frozen Strawberry Margarita Recipe
Here at The Wooden Skillet we love a good cocktail, especially in the summer! Those hot days definitely call for a mango margarita, skinny margarita, or this new frozen strawberry margarita! Whether you want it to be a cocktail or would rather leave out the alcohol and make it a mocktail, you are going to love these for your next get-together. They are the perfectly sweet while still being light and refreshing.
What You Will Need
- fresh & frozen strawberries – using a combination of fresh and frozen results in the perfect blended consistency.
- ice – always needed for some slushy thickness.
- lime juice – a must when making any type of margarita!
- tequila & grand marnier – option to omit if you would like a virgin strawberry margarita.
- simple syrup & orange juice – a little of each provides some added sweetness.
- optional: sugar for the rim & lime wedges for serving
Can I Make Frozen Strawberry Margaritas Ahead Of Time
Absolutely! That’s one of best parts! Simply blend these up the night before serving and store them in the freezer until you are ready to serve. The alcohol won’t allow them to fully freeze so you can simply scoop them back in the blender and give them a quick blend to smooth out the texture before enjoying in a sugar rimmed glass!
What’s The Best Way To Serve These Margaritas
You can just pour them in your favorite glass and enjoy, but, personally, we love to run a lime wedge around the rim of the glass, pour some sugar on a plate, and then place the glass rim in the sugar to fully coat. Once the glasses are prepared, you can pour in the margarita and garnish with a slice or wedge of lime on top.
How To Make Frozen Strawberry Margaritas
If you would like a sugar-rimmed glass you will want to start by rubbing a lime wedge around the rim.
Then flip the glass and twist the rim in a plate of sugar until fully coated.
Then place all of the margarita ingredients in a blender.
Blend on high until fully combined.
Then pour into your sugar-rimmed glass.
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Spicy Jalapeño Margarita
Citrus Paloma Mocktail
Easy Piña Colada
Blackberry Cucumber Gin & Tonic
Frozen Strawberry Margarita
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 3–4 servings 1x
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Frozen Strawberry Margarita – a refreshing and delicious frozen strawberry margarita recipe that is perfect for summer!
- 2 cups ice
- 3 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup grand marnier
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 1/8 cup orange juice
- Garnish: sugar for rim and limes wedge for serving
- Take a glass and rub some lime around the top. Pour some sugar on a small plate and place the rim of the glass in the sugar, ensuring it becomes fully coated. Repeat with remaining glasses. Set aside.
- Place ice, frozen strawberries, fresh strawberries, lime juice, tequila, grand marnier and simple syrup in a high powered blender.
- Blend on HIGH (or use the smoothie setting) until the texture is smooth.
- Taste and adjust any flavor as necessary (to thicken add more frozen strawberries, to thin add more fresh strawberries, to sweeten add more simple syrup, etc.). You can also add more tequila if you prefer.
- Pour into glasses.
- Garnish each glass with either a slice of lime or a fresh strawberry.
- Non-Alcoholic: to make this a virgin frozen strawberry margarita simply omit the tequila and grand marnier. Add additional orange juice, simple syrup or even a bit of water to thin, if needed.
Keywords: frozen strawberry margarita
Leave a Rating & Comment