Vegan Beet Salad + Heirloom Tomatoes – an incredibly easy, light and refreshing summer salad! (Whole30/Paleo/Plant-Based)
The perfect summer recipe when it is too hot to cook!
Vegan Beet Salad
You guys this is THE perfect summer salad because it takes minimal effort, it is made with delicious summer produce and you don’t need to heat up your oven! My favorite part though, is the beets! I absolutely LOVE their flavor and how it melds with the tomatoes and tomatillos – you guys are going to absolutely love it! Plus, did you guys know that beets are packed full of amazing nutrients like folate, betaine and silica? All the more reason to add them to all your salads!
How to Assemble this Vegan Beet Salad
So part of the fun of this salad is making it look pretty! Here is how I assembled it:
- Prep all your ingredients (this really just entails slicing everything) and put it all on a large plate next you.
- Take your serving platter and place the large heirlooms tomatoes in three different spots.
- Then place 2-3 slices of beets next to each of those.
- Next take your tomatillos and place those next to the beets.
- Add all the cherry tomatoes and place your basil around the platter.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with some good olive oil!
That’s it! Have fun with it!
Other recipes you might like:
- 2 Love Beets organic cooked beets, sliced
- 1 large heirloom tomato, sliced
- 2 tomatillos, sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Approx. 10 fresh basil leaves
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Take platter and arrange large heirloom tomatoes, add Love Beets organic cooked beets, tomatillos and then cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes a perfect appetizer or side salad!
Keywords: vegan beet salad, beet salad recipes