This simple Roasted Cauliflower Salad is a delicious side dish option! Perfect for your next get-together or cookout. Made with crispy cauliflower florets, fresh cucumbers, red onion, tomatoes, and the best Italian salad dressing!
The Best Roasted Cauliflower Salad
This belongs on your next cookout menu! With Memorial Day quickly approaching, I wanted to share a nice light, delicious side dish for your cookout menu! This is a healthier spin on your traditional Italian pasta salad. It’s made with roasted cauliflower, purple onion, tomatoes and cucumber (and yes, the cauliflower tastes AMAZING!). For the dressing, you can use your favorite store-bought Italian dressing, but this is my favorite, which is also Whole30 compliant!!
Looking for another delicious side dish? Checkout our Broccoli Bacon Salad!
What You Will Need
- whole head of cauliflower – we love sticking with roasted cauliflower in this salad recipe, but you could also toss in some broccoli florets.
- tomatoes, red onion, & cucumbers – a delicious combination of fresh vegetables!
- Italian dressing – grab your favorite option from the grocery store or mix-up a batch of our easy homemade Italian salad dressing.
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – just a bit of each for some added seasoning.
- optional add-ins – black olives, green olives, pepperoncinis
What’s The Fastest Way To Make This Roasted Cauliflower Salad
If you are in a pinch and need to speed up the cooking process then you can easily cook your cauliflower in the Instant Pot first, and then put it under the broiler for a couple minutes to brown it up a bit!
Yes! You can make it the night before, BUT I would suggest adding the dressing right before serving to avoid the cauliflower from soaking up the dressing – no one likes mushy cauliflower!
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower Salad
To start this easy salad recipe, roast your cauliflower in the oven, let it cool, and cut into florets. While you have your kitchen knife and cutting board out, you can prep the rest of your fresh ingredients too!
Place all of the salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss with the Italian dressing, salt, and pepper.
How To Serve Roasted Cauliflower Salad
This is an easy side dish option that will go with just about anything! We love to serve it up at a backyard cookout or barbeque with a Smoked Beer Can Chicken, some Grilled Steaks, or a Pork Shoulder Roast. Just make up a few other side dishes and a pitcher of skinny margaritas for a fun little party!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Roasted Cauliflower Salad – a simple, delicious side salad for your next get-together or cookout that is plant-based, Whole30/Paleo and Dairy-Free!
- Prepare cauliflower: Roast a whole roasted cauliflower, let it cool, and cut into bite-sized florets.
- Cut vegetables: dice the fresh tomatoes, red onion and cucumber.
- Mix: add all of the salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
- Dressing: Pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Taste: add any more salt or pepper, as desired.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 9.1 g
- Sodium: 434.4 mg
- Fat: 8.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.8 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: roasted cauliflower salad, cauliflower salad