Roasted Cauliflower Salad – a simple, delicious Italian Cauliflower Salad side salad! Perfect for your next get-together or cookout! (Plant-based, Whole30/Paleo and Dairy-Free)
This belongs on your next cookout menu!
With Memorial Day quickly approaching, I wanted to share a nice light, delicious side dish for your cookout menu! This is a play off your traditional Italian pasta salad, but just a tad healthier :). It’s made with roasted cauliflower, purple onion, tomatoes and cucumber (and yes, the cauliflower tastes AMAZING!). For the dressing, you can use your favorite Italian dressing, but this is my favorite, which is also Whole30 compliant!!
What’s the fastest way to make this Roasted Cauliflower Salad?
If you are in a pinch and need to speed up the cooking process then you can easily cook your cauliflower in the Instant Pot first and then put it under the broiler for a couple minutes to brown it up a bit!
Can I make this Roasted Cauliflower Salad the day before?
Yes! You can make it the night before, BUT I would suggest adding the dressing right before serving to avoid the cauliflower from soaking up the dressing – no one likes mushy cauliflower!
Other posts you might like:
- Buffalo Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps (Whole30/Paleo)
- Roasted Cauliflower Mason Jar Salads (Whole30/Paleo)
- Curried Cauliflower Soup (Whole30/Paleo)
Italian Roasted Cauliflower Salad – a simple, delicious side salad for you next get-together or cookout that is plant-based, Whole30/Paleo and Dairy-Free!
- 1 head of whole roasted cauliflower (cooled)
- 2–3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup Italian Dressing (this one is really good too and also Whole30/Paleo)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional add-ins: olives or pepperoncini
- Take whole roasted cauliflower and cut into bite-sized florets.
- Place in medium bowl.
- Add tomatoes, red onion and cucumber.
- Pour dressing over everything and toss to combine.
- Taste and add salt and pepper, as desired.
- Feel free to add additional tomatoes, cucumber and onion, as desired.
- If you want to speed up the process of roasting cauliflower you can also cook it in the Instant Pot – find the tutorial here!
Keywords: side dish, cauliflower, Italian dressing