This Vegan Ricotta cheese is a smooth and delicious dairy-free ricotta option for all of your favorite pasta recipes.
Why This Recipe Works
- “Creamy” – the blend of cashews, almond milk, and tofu gives this recipe a perfectly creamy consistency while still being dairy-free.
- Tangy taste – the lemon juice gives this vegan ricotta cheese that slightly tangy ricotta taste that you know and love.
- Plant-based – absolutely love that this recipe is vegan and plant-based!
What You Will Need
- Raw cashews
- Garlic clove
- Nutritional yeast
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Kosher salt & black pepper
Recipe FAQs and Tips
- How long can it be stored in the fridge? You can keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-6 days.
- Can you freeze it? Yes! You can store it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Best way to thaw frozen vegan ricotta cheese: In the fridge! If you are in more of a hurry you can place it in a bowl of cold water in the fridge to help the process go a little faster. Do not thaw at room temperature!
- Favorite food processor: You can use any food processor or blender for whipping up this recipe but my personal favorite food processor is this one!
How to Make Vegan Ricotta
Gather your ingredients.
Place ingredients in a food processor or blender.
Blend until smooth.
Use in your favorite recipe and enjoy!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
This Vegan Ricotta is a smooth and delicious dairy-free ricotta option for all of your favorite pasta recipes.
- 3/4 cup raw cashews (soak in boiling hot water for 20–30 minutes, drain before use)
- 1 block firm, organic tofu
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Add cashews, unsweetened almond milk and 1/3 of the tofu block to a high powered blender.
- Blend on high until cashews are broken down and smooth (scrape down the sides intermittently as you do this).
- Add lemon juice, the remaining tofu, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast and blend on low until fully combined and smooth.
- Taste and add additional salt or lemon juice, as desired.
- Use in your favorite dairy-free, plant-based recipe!
Keywords: vegan ricotta, dairy free ricotta