This Vegan Ricotta cheese is a smooth and delicious dairy-free ricotta option for all of your favorite pasta recipes.
Why This Recipe Works
- “Creamy” – the blend of cashews, almond milk, and tofu gives this recipe a perfectly creamy consistency while still being dairy-free.
- Tangy taste – the lemon juice gives this vegan ricotta cheese that slightly tangy ricotta taste that you know and love.
- Plant-based – absolutely love that this recipe is vegan and plant-based!
What You Will Need
- Raw cashews
- Garlic clove
- Nutritional yeast
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Kosher salt & black pepper
Recipe FAQs and Tips
- How long can it be stored in the fridge? You can keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-6 days.
- Can you freeze it? Yes! You can store it in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Best way to thaw frozen vegan ricotta cheese: In the fridge! If you are in more of a hurry you can place it in a bowl of cold water in the fridge to help the process go a little faster. Do not thaw at room temperature!
- Favorite food processor: You can use any food processor or blender for whipping up this recipe but my personal favorite food processor is this one!
How to Make Vegan Ricotta
Step One – gather your ingredients.
Step Two – place ingredients in a food processor or blender.
Step Three – Blend until smooth.
Step Four – Use in your favorite recipe and enjoy!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
This Vegan Ricotta is a smooth and delicious dairy-free ricotta option for all of your favorite pasta recipes.
- 3/4 cup raw cashews (soak in boiling hot water for 20–30 minutes, drain before use)
- 1 block firm, organic tofu
- 1 garlic clove
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- Add cashews, unsweetened almond milk and 1/3 of the tofu block to a high powered blender.
- Blend on high until cashews are broken down and smooth (scrape down the sides intermittently as you do this).
- Add lemon juice, the remaining tofu, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast and blend on low until fully combined and smooth.
- Taste and add additional salt or lemon juice, as desired.
- Use in your favorite dairy-free, plant-based recipe!
Keywords: vegan ricotta, dairy free ricotta