Whole30 Vanilla and Cinnamon Coffee Creamer – the perfect addition to your morning cup of joe!
This Whole30 Vanilla Cinnamon Coffee Creamer is going to be your new best friend in the morning!
If you guys know anything about me, it’s that I loooove my cold brew. I make it myself and drink it religiously in the morning (once in a while I mix it up with a good matcha on the weekend). I love mixing up how I drink it and I kind of go through a rotation of options:
My go-to coffee options are: 1) unsweetened almond milk 2) coconut milk 3) nutpods 4) bulletproof coffee 5) when I am not doing Whole30 I love the Califia creamer that has just a tiny bit of sugar in it.
But, as I am currently doing my 3rd round of Whole30, I wanted to try to make a vanilla-flavored creamer that was whole30 compliant (nutpods can do it, why can’t I!). Now, vanilla extract is not compliant on Whole30, but there is nothing that says you cannot use actual vanilla beans. Sooo, I thought I would play around with a compliant coffee creamer using just the vanilla bean, as opposed to vanilla extract….. you guys …. it was amazing. The coconut milk makes it just sweet enough, the vanilla and cinnamon compliment each other perfectly and that pinch of salt just brings out the flavor in everything.
I don’t know, this could be my new go-to…. or at the very least make the rotation!
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk (I would recommend using an immersion blender on your coconut milk first to make sure it is fully blended and doesn't get chunky)
- ½ -1 cup unsweetened almond milk (use less almond milk for thicker creamer and more for a thinner creamer)
- pinch of salt
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 - ½ vanilla bean, slit open (the more vanilla bean you use, the stronger the flavor it will be)
- Place all ingredients in medium saucepan.
- Bring to medium heat, whisking fairly often, ensuring cinnamon is fully combined.
- Continue whisking and keeping at medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour into glass jar, including vanilla bean, and let sit in fridge overnight.
- Shake well before using, as cinnamon will settle in the fridge.
- Store in airtight container in fridge for 5-7 days.