Fennel Salad is a light, delicious salad option that is so refreshing! Perfect side dish for any meal!
Best Fennel Salad Recipe
This is such an underrated recipe – the flavor combo just works here resulting a light, crisp and delicious side salad that is fancy enough for a Holiday, but simple enough for an easy weeknight dinner (it would pair well with some grilled chicken thighs). Can’t wait for you to try it!
Why This Recipe Works
- Light: nothing heavy in this recipe – just clean flavors.
- Crisp: the crunch of the apple and fennel paired with the softness of the cheese is perfection!
- Easy: no cooking required here~
What You Will Need
- apples: we used honeycrisp apples, but you could use a variety of different flavors, really depends upon what you like the most.
- lemon juice: just using this to toss the apples in so they don’t turn brown, plus it adds a tiny bit of citrus to the dish.
- fennel bulb: fennel bulb has such a unique flavor and goes so well with sweet ingredients like apple – learn how to properly slice your fennel bulb here!
- manchego cheese: you could use any light, white cheese here with success – but I highly recommend the manchego for best results.
- olive oil + kosher salt: we add this so the salad doesn’t get dry and the salt just helps maximize flavor.
- basil leaves: this adds freshness!
How to Make Fennel Salad
Combine apples and lemon juice, stir to coat.
Meanwhile, prepare the other ingredients.
Add everything to a medium mixing bowl.
Stir to combine. Taste and adjust any seasoning, as-needed.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Fennel Salad – a bright, light and refreshing fennel salad recipe with apples, fresh basil and cheese. Perfect side dish for any meal!
- 1–2 honeycrisp apples, diced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 cup manchego cheese, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Approx. 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Combine apples and lemon juice in a small bowl; stir to coat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the remaining ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, as-needed.
Keywords: fennel salad
Originally published April 3, 2016.