Grilled Salmon Salad is a flavorful, delicious go-to salad that is packed with flavor and perfect for an busy weeknight!
The BEST Grilled Salmon Salad
One of my most favorite recipes of all-time is finally on the blog! I seriously wish this was on every restaurant menu ever – I swear I would order it every time. It’s easy, packed with Greek flavors and easy to prep ahead of time. Can’t wait for you to enjoy it!
What to Love About this Recipe
- Greek Flavors: anything with Greek flavors and I am in. I love it! So when I wanted to make my ultimate grilled salmon salad, there really weren’t any other options for me. This is my dream salad!
- Easy: don’t be intimidated by grilled salmon – it’s really easy and SO GOOD! Once you grill the salmon you are just tossing everything together in a bowl!
- Make Ahead: grilled salmon actually keeps really well in the fridge, so I like to grill salmon for dinner one night and then cook a few extra for this salad during the week!
What You Will Need
- Greek vinaigrette: feel free to make a batch of our homemade version or this store-bought it a great alternative.
- salmon fillets: the higher quality the better!
- avocado oil: you can use olive oil here too.
- kosher salt + pepper: this is just for seasoning your salmon.
- romaine lettuce: of course, use whatever kind of lettuce you want.
- avocado: feel free to use as much of this as you want to – I can never get enough avocado!
- cherry tomatoes: love the burst of flavor these add.
- red onion: this helps round out the flavors with something a little stronger.
- kalamata olives: probably my favorite olive ever – so yummy!
- dairy-free or regular feta cheese: use whatever kind you want and omit if you are Whole30/Paleo.
How to Make Grilled Salmon Salad
Step One: make your homemade Greek vinaigrette!
Step Two: prep your ingredients.
Step Three: prep your salmon by patting it dry, rubbing it with a little avocado or olive oil and then sprinkling with salt. You can also try this delicious, light Salmon Seasoning if you want!
Step Four: grill your salmon.
Step Five: combine everything in a bowl!
Below is a Paleo/Whole30 version! Still delicious as ever!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Grilled Salmon Salad – a healthy and delicious grilled salmon salad recipe that comes together quickly and easily! Such amazing flavors!
Greek Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1–2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon marjorum
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
Grilled Salmon Salad:
- (2) 4oz salmon fillets (approx. 1 inch thick)
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cups kalamata olives
- (optional) 1/2 cup dairy-free or regular feta cheese (omit if paleo/Whole30)
Greek Vinaigrette Dressing:
- Add red wine vinegar, lemon juice, kosher salt, ground black pepper, oregano, coriander, garlic powder, marjoram, garlic and dijon to a small bowl.
- Slowly add avocado oil while whisking.
- Continue whisking until fully combined.
- Preheat grill to High Heat (450-500) degrees.
- Ensure your grates are cleaned and lightly greased with oil.
- While your grill is pre-heating, place salmon fillets on a tray.
- Pat dry with a clean paper towel.
- Using a basting brush, brush on oil so the meat is lightly covered.
- Season with salt and pepper (approximately 1/4 teaspoon or so per fillet and a dusting of pepper).
- Place skin side down over direct heat and close the grill.
- Reduce temp to approximately 375 degrees (by opening the grill to put the salmon on the temp will drop quite quickly so just remember to manually turn down the heat).
- Let cook for 3-4 minutes (keep cover on).
- Open grill and, using your metal spatula, try and carefully separate the skin from the flesh. The skin will most likely stick to the grates allowing you to get your spatula under the meat of the salmon. Then flip onto a different spot on the grill (still over direct heat) and close the grill. Sometimes, depending upon different variables, the meat will just refuse to separate. That’s okay. Don’t fight it too much and instead simply flip the salmon over and the skin can be removed after grilling.
- Let cook for 3-4 minutes longer or until it reaches an internal temp of 145 (using an internal meat thermometer) or until the meat at the thickest point turns opaque and flakes easily.
- Remove from grill and let sit 5 minutes.
Grilled Salmon Salad:
- Divide lettuce, avocado, tomatoes, onion, olives and feta cheese (if using) between to bowls.
- Place salmon on top.
- Serve with vinaigrette on the side.
- Dressing: you will have extra dressing, simply save for a later use (these Greek Chicken Meatballs are a good place to use it)!
- Dairy-Free Feta: I like this dairy-free feta cheese.
- Whole30/Paleo: this recipe is easily Whole30/Paleo if you just omit the feta cheese.
- Clean + Greased Grates: make sure your grill is clean and the grates are greased/oiled. If your salmon sticks its most likely because your grates are greased (or because you didn’t cook the salmon long enough before flipping).
- How Long to Cook: A general rule of thumb is to grill salmon at 375 degrees for approximately 3-4 minutes per half-inch, flipping halfway, OR until the internal temp (at thickest part) is 145 degrees. That being said, once you have done it numerous times you will also be able to eyeball when it looks done based off of how the meat looks and how flaky it is!
- Oil After Cooking: Sometimes I like to lightly brush the salmon with a little avocado oil AFTER I grill it.
- Digital Meat Thermometer: Here is the digital meat thermometer I use!
- Salmon Seasoning: if you want to try something other than salt and pepper I love this Homemade Salmon Seasoning!
Keywords: grilled salmon salad