Cashew Coffee Creamer – so easy to make and perfectly creamy.
This is going to be your new favorite addition to your morning coffee, you guys! This cashew coffee creamer is easy to make, delicious and oh-so-creamy!
I am a little obsessed with coffee, if you haven’t noticed … it is such a ritual for me – that morning cup (or two) of coffee. I started drinking it in about 6th grade with my Dad (out of little espresso cups ? ) and haven’t stopped since. I am NOT a morning person, so sometimes it is the only thing that initially gets me out of bed. I used to drink it with a TON of sugar and half and half (or worse, that dairy-free powdered creamer….) and I loved it. I still do (well not the dairy-free creamer…. but coffee ? . But, my tastes have changed and so has what my body needs (and what it can tolerate).
About a year ago, I had a horrible acid reflux episode (that was most likely an ulcer, although I never confirmed that) and one of the major life changes I had to face was changing up my beloved morning coffee. I tried hot tea and it was better, but not good enough. Ultimately, cold brew coffee was it. I can totally handle it and it doesn’t bother me at all.
Even with that though, I was buying the kind that had quite a bit of sugar added to it.
It is my new favorite.
I was inspired when I went to the store one day and saw this awesome, single-serve bottle of cold brew that had cashew creamer, lavender and honey (so very similar to the Honey-Lavender Cold Brew Latte I posted a while ago!). I bought it and my husband and I both LOVED it – there was something so different and delicious about cashew vs. almond. Well, I went back to buy another one discovered that it was $8.00. WHAT?! I mean, it was really freakin good, but not $8.00 good. Were they magic cashews? Why did it cost so much!
I honestly went right home and was bound and determined to recreate that drink. So I soaked some cashews overnight and the next day, I was sipping on my a new version of the Honey-Lavender Cold Brew Latte – it was made with cashew creamer and it was amazing.
I still like my almond milk + cold brew, but this is officially part of my rotation now. Ridiculously good. For real.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Cashew Coffee Creamer – easy to make and so delicious!
- 1 cup cashews, soak in boiling water for 20 minutes to soften
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup water
- pinch of salt
- Optional: 2-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Drain and rinse cashews and place in high-powered blender.
- Add water and pinch of salt; and blend until thoroughly combined and mixture is creamy.
- Taste and freely add additional water if a thinner mixture is desired.
- Add maple syrup 1 tablespoon at a time, if desired, to add sweetness.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (more to taste) if you desire.
- Soaking Cashews: you can also soak the cashews overnight in water too. Note: the water used to soak the cashews is separate from the water listed in the recipe card (the 1 1/4 cups) which should be added to the blender.
Keywords: cashew coffee creamer