Honey Lavender Cold Brew Latte – the perfect late summer afternoon pick-me-up!
You guys know how obsessed I am with cold brew….. (it is my favorite) …. so I am SO excited to share this little recipe with you! This is my favorite afternoon pick-me-up. It is simple, easy and the perfect balance of flavors. Hey, we still have a good month left of summer – enjoy it! (while you are sipping on one of these…) ?
Man, you guys, how is it already August! August – seriously. I don’t want summer to be over! It feels like it just began (insert whiney voice here)! I keep seeing little peeks of fall food on people’s Instagram stories and blog posts…. no. I am not having it. It is still summer and I refuse to start with the fall recipes. When the time is right, yes, but not yet! I will hang on to these sweet summer vibes as long as possible.
Thus…. this awesome summer cold brew drank ?
Remember when I showed you guys how easy it is to make your own cold brew? (and then I made this ridiculous Irish Cold Brew….). Well this is how you can take it in another direction. The addition of some honey, almond milk and fresh lavender (or lavender extract) makes this a sweet indulgence that is perfect for that afternoon cup of coffee, snuggled up with a good book on your deck.
So, what are you guys up to for the rest of the summer? Any awesome plans? We always take a weekday to take the kiddos to the zoo (so many less people than the weekend) and we also want to try camping with them! Like real camping… in a tent…. I will keep you posted on how that goes. But if any of you have tips on camping + kids… definitely let me know!
It is so good. I am seriously in love with this drink ❤ and I know you guys will love it too! So do what you know is right – invite your BFF over, buy some donuts (you deserve it) and whip up a couple of these honey lavender cold brew lattes and just… chill. That sounds perfect, doesn’t it?
Alright, time for bed – I hope you guys have an awesome day!
The perfect late summer afternoon pick-me-up!
- 1 cup cold brew
- 1/4 cup almond milk (more to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 – 1 Tablespoon fresh lavender leaves
- Combine ingredients and pour over ice.
- Garnish with additional lavender.
- Optional: if you don’t want to the lavender leaves in your coffee while you are drinking it, but still want the flavor, leave the leaves in the cold brew overnight and then strain before drinking.
- (NOTE: since the honey takes a little while to completely mix into the cold brew, feel free to put ingredients in a blender and blend for a minute and then pour over ice)
- (NOTE: if you can’t get your hands on fresh lavender, you can buy dried lavender leaves off of Amazon or you can substitute a drop or two of lavender extract – more or less to taste. I would start with one drop and go from there).
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post contains affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!