“Cheesy” Broccoli Twice Baked Potatoes (Whole30/Paleo)
The perfect side dish that is delicious, Whole30, Paleo and dairy-free!
Twice-Baked potatoes are a favorite in our house – especially for any kind of celebratory dinner (for whatever reason). Steak, asparagus and a twice-baked potato :-). So I have been making them for years for my husband, but when we started eating a more Whole30 diet I quickly made a couple changes to my typical recipe. And I promise you will like these just as much as a “regular” twice-baked potato!
Oh and I would highly recommend serving these with some Homemade Whole30 Ranch Dressing!Print
“Cheesy” Broccoli Twice Baked Potatoes – The perfect side for any meal!
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 2–3 Tablespoons ghee (vegan butter or coconut oil works too)
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (you could sub coconut milk if you want it even more creamy)
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2–3 cups broccoli cut into small pieces
- olive oil
- Bake potatoes at 375 for approximately 1 hour.
- Place broccoli in medium bowl and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Massage oil into broccoli.
- Once you take out potatoes, place broccoli in oven to roast at 415 for 10-15 minutes while you scoop out potatoes.
- Cut potatoes in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out inside of each half, leaving about a 1/2 inch around the edge (you want it thick enough so it doesn’t break); repeat with all potatoes.
- Place scooped out insides into medium mixing bowl.
- Add ghee, salt, almond milk (or coconut milk) and nutritional yeast.
- Use handheld mixer and whip potatoes.
- Make sure you taste potatoes at this point and add any additional salt or nutritional yeast for flavor and any additional almond milk or coconut milk if you want it more creamy.
- Add broccoli and fold in.
- Take potato “shells” and fill with broccoli/potato mixture.
- Put under broiler for approximately 5 minutes or util they start to brown.
- Sprinkle with additional nutritional yeast, if desired.