Dairy Free Cream Cheese Frosting – a simple, easy dairy-free version of your classic cream cheese frosting! Perfect for cakes and cupcakes!
Why You Will Love this Recipe
- Dairy-Free: this recipe is so delicious that you would never guess it is dairy-free!
- Simple: you will only need 10 minutes and 5 ingredients to make this amazing frosting.
- Perfect Topping: this is the perfect addition to any cake or cupcake – the whole family will love it!
What You Will Need
- Dairy-free plain cream cheese
- Vegan butter
- Pure vanilla extract
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Powdered sugar
Recipe FAQs and Tips
- How long can it stay out at room temp? This frosting can stay out at room temp in a bowl or on a cake for about 8 hours and then it should go in the fridge.
- How long can I keep this in the fridge/freezer? You can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days and in the freezer for 1 month.
- Dairy-free cream cheese: This is my favorite dairy-free cream cheese!
- Let fully cool: I repeat – let fully cool! For best results, it is very important to let the cake or cupcake cool before adding this frosting.
How to Make Dairy Free Cream Cheese Frosting
Step One: Measure out your ingredients.
Step Two: Use a hand mixer to beat together the dairy free cream cheese and vegan butter.
Step Three: Add vanilla, almond milk, and about 1/3 of the powdered sugar. Beat until combined.
Step Four: Continue adding powdered sugar a little at a time until fully combined.
Step Five: Enjoy with your favorite recipe!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Dairy Free Cream Cheese Frosting – an easy and delicious dairy-free version of your classic cream cheese frosting!
- 8oz dairy free plain cream cheese
- 1/4 cup vegan butter, room temp
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup powered powdered sugar
- Add cream cheese and vegan butter to medium mixing bowl. Beat with hand mixer until fluffy.
- Add vanilla, almond milk and about 1/3 of the powered sugar. Beat until combined.
- Continue adding the powdered sugar a little at a time until it is fully combine.
- Use in your favorite recipes!
Keywords: dairy free cream cheese frosting