Easy Chorizo Breakfast Hash Tacos – a quick and easy breakfast! (Paleo and Whole30-Friendly)
If you guys are looking for a DELICIOUS new breakfast – this is it!
So I was so excited to find some Whole30 compliant smoked chorizo at my local co-op the other week and I finally got around to experimenting with it this weekend! The same-old/same-old can get boring at times, so I love trying new proteins. I also wanted to try some new breakfast recipes, so I thought I would combine the two. Plus, Cinco de Mayo is coming up and, lets be honest, any kind of taco is ALWAYS appropriate!
Of course, you can skip the tortilla to keep it Whole30 compliant. But, this past weekend I used a paleo tortilla (I used the Siete brand) and it was amazing.
Also, I know people get a little sick of eggs at times – you could really just eat the hash with some avocado – it is SO delicious!!!
But, I tossed my tortillas in the freezer since I started a 10-day Whole30 reset today!! Excited to get back on track and just focus on putting really amazing food in my body for the next week and a half. I guess I already kind of started yesterday, so today is almost day 2 – and it is seriously amazing how quickly I start to feel better when I eat strictly Whole30. It is hard to explain but my stomach just feels …. better. So much less bloat. I haven’t felt the energy surge yet, but it is still early. My husband is also starting his 3rd round of Whole30 so, even if don’t do a full 30 days I will still be eating a lot of Whole30 over the next month so – I am excited to share some new recipes with you guys!!!
If you are looking for other Whole30 breakfasts? Check out my favorite Sunday Morning Frittata!!
- 6oz smoked chorizo sausage, cut into thick slices and then quarter each slice.
- 2 yams or sweet potatoes (I used a yam and a purple sweet potato); cubed
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoons of bacon grease or ghee
- Serving suggestions:
- paleo tortillas
- 2 fried eggs
- Heat large skillet to medium heat.
- Add olive oil and sweet potatoes.
- Stir potatoes on and off until they are firm, but you can still pierce with a fork (approx. 7-8 minutes).
- Add chorizo and stir until it is thoroughly heat.
- Add bacon grease or ghee, stir and let sit for 2-3 minutes, reducing heat to medium-low.
- Serve immediately either in a paleo taco, with eggs or just serve it alone!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting all things The Wooden Skillet.