Sunday Morning Sausage and Mushroom Frittata – this is perfect for serving Sunday brunch to a crowd or for making ahead for meal prep!
This is Sunday morning at our house (okay – this or vanilla cake donuts with chocolate frosting …. it is all about balance ? ). It comes together so easily, tastes amazing and makes delicious leftovers. it is a win-win and you need to make it this weekend for sure!
Our weeks are so incredibly busy, so I cherish every weekend morning to their fullest. They are full of snuggles with my girls, making breakfast, watching cartoons, walks to the park, reading books…. and making frittata. I love creating recipes for the blog, but I also LOVE sharing recipes with you guys that our family has been eating forever. They are just more personal and carry so many more stories and memories with them. This is one of them. It reminds me of perfectly normal weekend mornings, Mother’s Day brunch, weekends with friends… this recipe is always a hit and so often has been at the center of a group of people I love.
The leftovers aren’t bad either.
If you buy the right sausage (no sugar added), this will Whole30 compliant too – I like to eat it with a side of mango kombucha ?
Speaking of crazy weeks, this one has been insane so I am keeping it short and sweet tonight! I hope you guys have an awesome weekend – I have an incredibly long list of recipes I want to try this weekend, so I will be busy in the kitchen!
If you aren’t feeling may mango kombucha suggestion, maybe serve it with some cold brew? Might I suggest this Honey Lavender Cold Brew Latte??? So good ? Happy weekend you guys!
Perfect for serving Sunday brunch to a crowd or for making ahead for meal prep!
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 Teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 2 cups sliced mushroom
- 3 large handfuls fresh spinach
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Take large 12 inch cast iron skillet and place on stovetop, on high heat.
- When your pan is hot, add avocado oil and coat the pan.
- Add onion and garlic and let reduce, stirring constantly for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add sausage stir, letting cook fully.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the spinach and stir, letting wilt.
- Then add mushrooms and then pour eggs on top.
- Use a rubber spatula to gently fold the ingredients together.
- If your eggs don’t quite cover all of the sausage and mushrooms, you can quickly whisk 2-3 more eggs together and pour on top.
- Let cook without stirring for approx 10-15 minutes, or until the eggs around the outside edge start to firm and only to top is uncooked.
- Place tomato slices on top and transfer to oven.
- Broil 4-6 inches from the top for approx 2 minutes, or until the top starts to brown.
- Remove from oven to let cool slightly and then serve.
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post contains affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!