Coffee Smoothie – extra thick and so delicious! Made with simple, real ingredients!
This post is sponsored by Califia Farms, but the opinions are my own.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Coffee: Coffee and Smoothies should really go hand-in-hand more often! We all know breakfast + cold brew coffee go together and so do smoothies and breakfast … so combining the two into a smoothie is just a match made in heaven.
- Versatile: I love that you can add in protein powder or collagen to this if you want to make it a little more filling. Also, feel free top with a dairy-free whipped almond or coconut milk to make it extra special.
- Lunch or Snack: I love smoothies because you can really get away with them for any meal – although since there is coffee in this one you might want to stick to breakfast for lunch with this one!
Coffee Smoothie Ingredients
- cold brew ice cubes (made with Califia Farms Pure Black Unsweetened Cold Brew Coffee)
- frozen banana
- creamy almond or cashew butter
- Califia Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk
- (optional) 1 scoop of your choice of protein powder
- Topping (optional) whipped coconut cream
- Chocolate: you could add in a little cocoa powder if you wanted it a tad chocolatey
- Decaf: feel free to freeze decaf coffee if you prefer
- Iced Coffee: or you can just freezer regular coffee – whatever works for you
Other Healthy Smoothies You Might Like
- Orange Immunity-Boosting Smoothie
- Creamy Raspberry Smoothie
- Blueberry Banana Smoothie
- Carrot Ginger Smoothie
How to Make a Coffee Smoothie
Get your ingredients prepped.
Don’t forget to freeze the cold brew ahead of time!
Combine ingredients and blend on HIGH.
Pour into your favorite glass.
Top with whipped coconut cream (if you want) and enjoy!
Other recipes you might like:
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
This extra thick Cold Brew Smoothie is SO good!! Perfect for breakfast or an afternoon pick-me-up!
- 4–6 cold brew ice cubes (made with Califia Farms Pure Black Unsweetened Cold Brew Coffee))
- 1 frozen banana, sliced
- 1–2 dates, chopped
- 1–2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup Califia Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk
- (optional) 1 scoop of your choice of plant-baed protein powder
- (optional) topping: whipped coconut cream
- Combine ingredients in a high-powered blender.
- Blend on HIGH, scraping down the sides as needed, for 1-2 minutes.
- If you feel it is too thin for your liking add additional almondmilk to thin out and additional ice cubes (regular or cold brew) to thicken.
- Forgot to Freeze Your Cold Brew: if you forgot to freeze your cold brew DON’T WORRY you can still make the smoothie. Just add approximately 1 cup cold brew and then a handful or two of regular ice cubes. The smoothie might not QUITE as thick, but it will still be delicious!
- Other Add-Ins: feel free to add in some spinach, zucchini or even kale to your smoothie! You won’t even be able to taste them!
Keywords: cold brew smoothie