Strawberry Banana Smoothie – a flavorful and delicious strawberry banana smoothie that is easy and so good! Perfect breakfast idea!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Simple – you only need 5 real ingredients and 5 minutes to whip up this delicious smoothie!
- Versatile – easily toss in a variety of add-ins to give yourself a little health boost – collagen, chia seeds, etc.
- Family-friendly – the whole family will love this one for a quick breakfast or a snack! Kid-approved!
What You Will Need
- Frozen strawberries & a frozen banana – the deliciously sweet fruit that brings it all together.
- Unsweetened almond milk (or another dairy-free milk) – thins out the smoothie so you can drink it!
- Plain dairy-free yogurt – gives it that full, creamy texture that we all love about smoothies.
- Vanilla extract – a dash of vanilla flavor
Smoothies are a great way to easily add-in a few ingredients that pack some great health benefits. Here are a few that I love:
- Collagen – a protein responsible for healthy joints and skin elasticity, or stretchiness. Also great for healthy nails and hair!
- Chia seeds – a high quality protein that is packed with antioxidants and fiber!
- Ground flax – high in Omega-3 fats and also rich in dietary fiber!
- Hemp seeds – also great for some added protein and fiber.
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Step One – Gather your ingredients.
Step Two – Place all of your ingredients in a blender or food processor.
Step 3 – Blend to your desired consistency.
Step Four – Enjoy!
- Combine ingredients into high-speed blender.
- Blend on high, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed, until consistency is smooth.
- Add additional splashes of almond milk to thin out and add a handful of ice cubes to thicken, if necessary.
- Pour into your favorite glass – enjoy!
- Almondmilk: feel free to use any dairy-free milk you want!
- Add-ins: feel free to add in a scoop of collagen, ground flax or even some chia seeds if you want!
Keywords: strawberry banana smoothie