This light and refreshing Watermelon Smoothie recipe is the perfect breakfast, afternoon snack, or post-workout snack on a hot summer day! A super easy smoothie recipe that is going to become the new family favorite way to enjoy watermelon!
An Easy Watermelon Smoothie
Fresh watermelon is on repeat at our house every summer! It is so refreshing on a hot day with the perfect amount of sweetness. Just freeze some of those watermelon cubes to make the best watermelon smoothie you have ever tasted! Adults and kiddos, a like, will be asking for this quick smoothie for breakfast, snack, or any other time of the day. This creamy watermelon smoothie will only take 6 real, simple ingredients and about 10 minutes to make! We absolutely love using our extra watermelon to make a healthy smoothie recipe, without much added sugar.
Looking for another easy watermelon recipe? Try our Watermelon Spritzer, another refreshing watermelon drink to sip on all summer long!
What You Will Need
- frozen watermelon cubes – summer is watermelon season! It may seem intimidating to cut into a large watermelon but we are here to show you how easy it is to cut a watermelon and freeze watermelon. It is one of the most hydrating fruits and summer is the perfect time for some extra hydration!
- frozen strawberries – a great way to enjoy this frozen fruit which is the perfect compliment to watermelon!
- yogurt – option to use any variety of yogurt you want – dairy-free yogurt, vanilla Greek yogurt, etc.
- fresh mint leaves – just a little bit to really amplify all the natural flavors & lighten things up!
- honey – add as much or as you like for some added sweet flavors.
- unsweetened almond milk – this makes a nice and creamy smoothie! Feel free to add more if it needs to be thinned out.
How To Make A Watermelon Smoothie
The first step to making this easy watermelon smoothie recipe is to gather the ingredients.
Now put all of the fresh and frozen ingredients in a blender or food processor.
Blend on the high setting until it reaches a smooth consistency.
Pour in a tall glass and enjoy this healthy watermelon smoothie recipe!
- Add-Ins: you can keep it simple and make the smoothie as-is in the recipe card or you can really level up the nutrients and add some flax seed, chia seeds, collagen powder, frozen banana, protein powder, etc. You will never even taste them!
- Storage: if you have any leftover watermelon smoothie it can be covered and stored in the fridge to enjoy the next day.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Watermelon Smoothie – a refreshing and delicious watermelon smoothie recipe that is perfect for a hot summer day!
- 2 cups frozen watermelon, cubed
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt* (regular or dairy-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh mint
- 1/2–1 tablespoon honey (more as needed)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (sub. reg milk)
- Add ingredients to a high-powered blender.
- Blend on HIGH until consistency is smooth. To thin, as-needed, add splashes of milk and blend again until you have reached your desired consistency. To thicken, add additional frozen watermelon, frozen strawberries or a few ice cubes.
- Taste and add additional sweetener, as desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- *Yogurt: if you use a plain yogurt you may want to add more honey. If you use a vanilla yogurt it most likely will be sweet already so you should be fine with a 1/2 tablespoon of honey, but everyone has different tastes.
- Honey: feel free to sub in maple syrup if you prefer.
- Add-Ins: feel free to add in collagen, your choice of protein powder, chia seeds, hemp seeds, ground flax, etc.!
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 253
- Sugar: 35.5 g
- Sodium: 222.4 mg
- Fat: 3.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 46.6 g
- Protein: 12.6 g
- Cholesterol: 4.3 mg
Keywords: watermelon smoothie