Greek Layer Dip is an easy appetizer that is complete with Greek flavors, fresh veggies, and delicious naan or pita chips. The whole thing takes just about 15 minutes to put together and can even be made ahead of time to make hosting a crowd that much easier.
The Best Greek Layer Dip
This is the perfect appetizer for when you’re looking for something fresh, full of mediterranean flavors, and something a whole lot healthier than a lot of other party dips out there thanks to fresh veggies and creamy hummus. Being gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan, this is a dish everyone at the party can enjoy! Save the leftovers to enjoy as a healthy snack throughout the week. Check out the recipe card for the full nutritional information.
What You Will Need
- hummus – Feel free to use store-bought hummus, or try your hand at our garlicky hummus.
- Kalamata Olives – Full of healthy fats, this little fruit brings a smokey and complex flavor to this easy dip recipe.
- cherry tomatoes – Grape tomatoes will work here as well, but they just have a slightly thicker and chewier texture than cherry tomatoes.
- cucumbers – We love little pops of crunchy cucumber in every bite to provide an undeniable freshness.
- red onion – A quick zesty kick!
- feta cheese – Feel free to use dairy-free feta to make this recipe dairy-free. We love using pre-crumbled feta cheese to speed things up, but you can always use a block of feta and chop it up to your desired consitency.
- for serving: pita chips and/or naan – Both are perfect vessels to scoop up this delicious dip.
How To Make Greek Layer Dip
Start by gathering all of your ingredients for easy assembly of this easy greek dip.
Next pick out a shallow serving dish, similar to a pie-plate, and spread hummus in an even layer. Then gather all of your prepped produce and distribute it evenly over the hummus layer.
Sprinkle that yummy feta cheese over the top of the dip and dig into one of your new favorite appetizer recipes.
We love serving this with a bag of pita chips or naan bread that’s been warmed in the oven for a bit.
It can be if you use dairy-free chips and/or bread
Sure! Just replace feta cheese with a dairy-free version or omit completely.
Yup. Simply assemble it the night before, cover with tin foil or plastic wrap, and remove from the fridge when you’re ready to serve.
Made this tasty greek layer dip recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
This easy and delicious Greek Layer Dip recipe is the perfect addition to any party, get-together or Game Day event! So light and so good!
- 17oz hummus (regular or roasted garlic)*
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, halved (more if desired)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1 cup cucumbers, sliced and quartered
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 4oz feta cheese, crumbled (reg. or dairy-free)
- serving: pita chips, sliced pita bread or naan
- Use a regular-sized pie plate (similar-sized dish of your choice) and add all of the hummus. Smooth out so it is an even layer.
- In additional layers add the olives, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion and feta cheese.
- Serve with pita chips, sliced pita bread, naan or some gluten-free crackers.
- *Hummus: we used the Sabre brand and it worked perfectly here, but feel free to use what you prefer.
- Gluten-Free: serve with a gluten-free cracker instead of pita or naan.
- Dairy-Free: to make this dairy-free use a dairy-free feta cheese.
- Make Ahead: this is a great appetizer to make ahead – simply assemble and then cover with foil and place in the refrigerator overnight. Take out whenever you are ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 71
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 147.7 mg
- Fat: 3.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg
Keywords: greek layer dip