Infused Black Tea + Sweet Honey Whiskey – infused with the flavors of peach and cherry, this simple and refreshing summer cocktail is perfect for sipping lakeside!
Anyone else completely and utterly ready for a summer vacay yet?! That would be me. I cannot wait to be on the shores of Lake Superior again…. sippin on one of these. Feet in the sand, face in the sun, lake wind in my hair (maybe some guac and chips next to me), some music dancing through the air and this cold glass of infused black tea with just a hint of sweet whiskey sitting in my hand….. does it get much better than that? I am counting down the days already!
Every summer, we pack up our girls and head back to my hometown in northern Wisconsin, right on Lake Superior for 10 days. My parents still live there (built-in babysitters – yes, please) and it is one of my favorite weeks of the year. No work. Just family time, enjoying the lake and getting a respite from the day-to-day grind of work, sleep, work, sleep. That week of pure bliss was the inspiration behind this lovely little drink. It was meant to be enjoyed on the lake or ocean (or pool – just be next to some H2O).
It’s refreshing and crazy easy to make.
And it’s pretty. Sooo there’s that.
And, as always, I have some variations for you. This could totally be alcohol-free. Just plain’ole cherry and peach infused black tea is awesome. Buuuut, if you are wanting a little extra somethin somethin in there, the recipe calls for Jack Daniels® Tennessee Honey Whiskey. (now that stuff if goooood – just a bit on ice …. sipped really slowly…. so good). And of course, use as much or as little as you see fit.
It is so good, you guys.
So. cheers. To everyone getting near a large body of water, sipping one of these and RELAXING for the love of God.
I am so ready for you vacation (unfortunately mine isn’t for another couple of weeks… ? ).
And I got a little carried away with this photo shoot. I hope you like them!
Alright – hope you guys are closer to your summer getaway plans than I am!
Also, if you are in the market for a new photography board – visit our Etsy Store!
- 1 large pitcher
- 2 Quarts unsweetened black tea
- 1-2 lbs cherries, halved
- 2 peaches (or apricots), sliced
- 1.5 oz Jack Daniels Honey Whiskey
- Fresh Mint Leaves for garnish
- Place cherries and peaches in large pitcher.
- (Note: squeezing some of the cherries to release their juices will result in a stronger, more flavorful tea)
- Pour tea over it until the pitcher is full.
- Place in refrigerator and let sit for 24 hours (preferably)
- Pour 1.5oz of Jack Daniels whiskey in glass over ice.
- Add approximately 8oz of infused tea (more or less, depending)
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- (It’s okay if some cherries fall into the glass!)
- As you use up the tea, just keep refilling the pitcher. Of course, the tea that sits overnight will taste the best, but it will still taste amazing!)
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting all things The Wooden Skillet.