Refreshing Cucumber Vodka Water – a summer drink that tastes just like cucumber water and will definitely quench your thirst! A splash of alcohol (cucumber vodka), lime juice, seltzer, and water combine for the perfect cocktail.
Cucumber Vodka and Water
This one was created just by happenstance! Kind of just threw the ingredients together and this has become one of my favorite summer drinks. Especially on a hot summer day because it really feels like you are just drinking cucumber water!
What You Will Need
- cucumber vodka: I have always used the Effen Vodka brand for this, but feel free to use something else if you like it!
- lime juice: just to add that bit of acidity to round out the flavor
- lemon lime Original New York Seltzer: love this stuff! If you can’t find it, you could also use a club soda, ginger ale, or tonic water.
- water: it is a main ingredient in this one!
- ice cubes: to make sure it stays super cold (duh)!
- fresh cucumber slices (garnish): these really help to amplify the cucumber-flavored vodka.
Recipe Variations for Vodka Water
This cocktail is perfectly refreshing just as it is but if you feel like adding a bit of fruit to the mix you could easily toss in some oranges, watermelon, strawberry, or a lime wedge. Adding a little as garnish is beautiful and delicious.
How To Make A Refreshing Cucumber Vodka Water
Pour your vodka of choice over ice and then add the soda and water.
Add the lime juice, give it a stir, and add some cucumber slices for garnish.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Cucumber Vodka Water – a refreshing summer drink that is so light and tastes just like cucumber water! Perfect for a hot summer day!
- 1 shot Effen Cucumber Vodka (or other cucumber vodka)
- 6 large ice cubes
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup New York Seltzer lemon lime soda
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3–6 slices fresh cucumber
- Add ice cubes to a cocktail glass.
- Pour cucumber vodka over the ice.
- Add water, seltzer, and lime juice.
- Stir to fully combine.
- Garnish with fresh cucumber slices.
- Substitutions: if you can’t find the New York Seltzer lemon lime soda you can sub it with another lemon lime soda, club soda, ginger ale, or tonic water.
Keywords: cucumber vodka and water
Originally published August, 23 2016. Updated May 29th, 2021 with new photos.