Jerk Seasoning – simple, easy jerk seasoning recipe. Perfect to make ahead in big batches. Works great in all your jerk chicken recipes!
The BEST Jerk Seasoning Recipe
If you have ever had jerk chicken, you know that the flavor is out of this world! Now with this simple recipe you can make your own jerk seasoning at home to use in any of your favorite jerk chicken recipes. We love to double or triple the batch so that we always have some on hand in the pantry! You probably already have all the spices – you just need to mix them together.
What You Will Need
- ground thyme & crushed rosemary – these provide great earthy flavors that go well with chicken.
- ground allspice, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, & ground nutmeg – a combo of flavors that really pack a punch to make this seasoning amazing!
- kosher salt & pepper – essential for any meat seasoning.
- smoked garlic powder – we love using smoked garlic powder but regular garlic powder works too!
- paprika & turmeric – great for added flavor and a bit of color!
- onion powder – another essential component of any seasoning blend.
- red pepper flakes – feel free to use more or less depending on how much of a kick you like.
Storing Jerk Seasoning
This is the perfect seasoning for making 2-3 batches at a time so that you always have some on hand. You can store it in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 3 months. It will last longer than 3 months but some of the flavors might become a bit muted.
Favorite Recipes That Use Jerk Seasoning
You can use the homemade jerk seasoning in any of your favorite jerk chicken recipes! Our favorite is our Crock Pot Jerk Chicken! So simple and flavorful – perfect for a weeknight dinner.
How To Make Jerk Seasoning
Step one – measure out your spices.
Step two – mix them together.
Step three – store for later or….
Use in your favorite jerk chicken recipe.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Jerk Seasoning – a simple, easy jerk seasoning recipe. Perfect to make ahead in big batches and works great in all your jerk chicken recipes!
- 3 teaspoons ground thyme
- 1 tablespoon crushed rosemary
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less, to taste)
- Combine ingredients in small bowl or jar.
- Stir to combine.
- Use in your favorite recipe! We love this Slow Cooker Jerk Chicken recipe!
- Storage: place seasoning in an airtight container and store in the panty for up to 3 months.
Keywords: jerk seasoning