Crock Pot Jerk Chicken – the perfect weeknight dinner that is quick, easy, delicious!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy: I love that you can throw a much a seasonings together
- Set it and forget it: who doesn’t love a good crock pot or slow cooker recipe (especially if you have company coming over or you are just really busy! I love that it can be ready when you get home from work!
- Flavor: Jerk Chicken is known for it’s flavor and this recipe does NOT disappoint!
Jerk Chicken Spice
- ground thyme
- crushed rosemary
- ground allspice
- ground ginger
- kosher salt
- ground cinnamon
- ground nutmeg
- smoked garlic powder
- onion powder
- ground black pepper
- red pepper flakes (more or less, to taste)
How to Freeze Ahead of Time
To freeze ahead of time simply place chicken breasts in a large silicone bag or freezer bag. Make Jerk Mixture and combine it with the olive oil and then pour over chicken. Move chicken around to coat with the Jerk Mixture. Ensure you remove as much air as possible and then seal the bag. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw, remove from freeze and place in the fridge overnight. Then continue following the recipe as written!
Here are a few ideas of how you can serve your chicken:
- With Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice for a Paleo/Whole30 option
- With Cilantro Lime Rice for a fun rice bowl!
- In a taco
- In a sandwich
Other Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes You Might Like
- Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken
Other recipes you might like:
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Crock Pot Jerk Chicken – The perfect weeknight dinner that is quick, easy, delicious and Whole30 compliant!
- 3 teaspoons ground thyme
- 1 tablespoon crushed rosemary
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less, to taste)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 lime, sliced
- Extras: cauliflower rice, tortillas (optional if not concerned with Whole30), extra lime, avocado, cilantro, jalepeno (optional), mango (optional)
- Combine Jerk Mixture, above, in medium bowl.
- Add olive oil and mix thoroughly.
- Place chicken in medium bowl and pour Jerk Mixture on top.
- Mix to allow Jerk Mixture to coat the chicken.
- Place 4 slices of lime on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Place chicken on top and ensure to use spatula to get all of the Jerk Mixture into the crockpot as well.
- Add bay leaves to the crockpot and cover.
- Cook on HIGH 3 hours or on LOW 6 hours.
- Shred chicken when done.
- Serve over cauliflower rice with avocado, cilantro, lime and mango (optional).
- Or serve as a taco with the same toppings.
- Storage: keep in the refrigerator, covered for up to 5 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- Serving Suggestions: serve with Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice for a Paleo/Whole30 option or with Cilantro Lime Rice.
Keywords: crock pot jerk chicken, slow cooker jerk chicken