Crockpot Jerk Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowls – the perfect weeknight dinner that is quick, easy, delicious and Whole30 compliant!
This Crockpot Jerk Chicken Cauliflower Rice Bowl is so quick and easy – ideal for those busy weeknights!
Well, you guys – I did it. Pretty sure this is the very first crockpot recipe on the blog. I have nothing against crockpots, they just generally aren’t my thing. I know it might sound crazy to a lot of people, but I genuinely like cooking – even after a long day of work. I guess that is why I don’t gravitate towards using mine that often. That being said….. I am always so happy when I use it because there are like NO DISHES! And that is a huge motivating factor for me :-). So, maybe you will see more crockpot recipes…. maybe.
Anyway, this recipe came about a couple weeks ago when I had a birthday get-together for my brother at my house on a Thursday night. I was going to have like 8-10 people and needed something quick and easy that I could whip together after work and not totally destroy my kitchen. For whatever reason, I was craving jerk chicken, so I thought I would just go to the store, buy a jerk chicken rub and make some chicken.
Whelp, ALL the pre-made jerk chicken rubs had sugar in them, so I decided to make my own.
I tossed it all in a crockpot, just to see what would happen, it was freakin glorious. The easiest thing I have ever made and so delicious.
Serve it on cauliflower rice OR as a taco. Either way, top it with cilantro and avocado for sure with some extra lime, and maybe throw in some mango or extra jalapeno if you want. So, so delicious and you will spend about 7 minutes putting all the random spices together, but other than that there really isn’t any cooking involved.
It is that easy.
I hope you guys have a good start to the week!!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Jerk Mixture:
- 3 Teaspoons ground thyme
- 1 Tablespoon crushed rosemary
- 2 Teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons salt
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon smoked garlic powder
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon paprika
- 1 Teaspoon turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less, to taste)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 lime
- cauliflower rice, cooked
- tortillas (optional)
- extra lime
- jalepeno (optional)
- mango (optional)
- Combine Jerk Mixture, above, in medium bowl.
- Add olive oil and mix thoroughly.
- Place chicken in medium bowl and pour Jerk Mixture on top.
- Mix to allow Jerk Mixture to coat the chicken.
- Place 4 slices of lime on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Place chicken on top and ensure to use spatula to get all of the Jerk Mixture into the crockpot as well.
- Cook on high 3 hours or on low 6 hours.
- Shred when done.
- Serve over cauliflower rice with avocado, cilantro, lime and mango (optional).
- Or serve as a taco with the same toppings.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting all things The Wooden Skillet.