Crock Pot Jerk Chicken – the perfect weeknight dinner that is quick, easy, delicious!
Best Crock Pot Jerk Chicken
This recipe is packed with flavor, so easy to make can be made into rice bowls, tacos or wraps. The jerk seasoning is amazing and you are going to come back to this again and again. Easily paleo/Whole30 if served with cauliflower rice!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Easy: I love that you can throw a much a seasonings together
- Set it and forget it: who doesn’t love a good crock pot or slow cooker recipe (especially if you have company coming over or you are just really busy! I love that it can be ready when you get home from work!
- Flavor: Jerk Chicken is known for it’s flavor and this recipe does NOT disappoint!
What You Will Need
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts: these shred easily and cook relatively quickly in the slow cooker.
- jerk seasoning: we have an amazing and flavorful jerk seasoning for you!
- olive oil: this combines with the jerk seasoning to create a paste that we will rub all over the chicken. You could also use avocado oil.
- bay leaves: these add extra flavor!
- lime: the acidity of the limes pairs perfectly with the jerk seasoning.
- Extras: cauliflower rice, tortillas (optional if not concerned with Whole30), extra lime, avocado, cilantro, jalapeno (optional), mango (optional), pickled onions or coconut rice.
How to Freeze Ahead of Time
To freeze ahead of time simply place chicken breasts in a large silicone bag or freezer bag. Make Jerk Mixture and combine it with the olive oil and then pour over chicken. Move chicken around to coat with the Jerk Mixture. Ensure you remove as much air as possible and then seal the bag. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw, remove from freeze and place in the fridge overnight. Then continue following the recipe as written!
Here are a few ideas of how you can serve your chicken:
- With Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice for a Paleo/Whole30 option
- With Cilantro Lime Rice for a fun rice bowl!
- In a taco
- In a sandwich
Other Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes You Might Like
- Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken
How to Make Crock Pot Jerk Chicken
Combine the jerk seasoning. Drizzle chicken with olive oil and then cover with the seasoning.
Add limes to bottom of the slow cooker.
Place chicken on top.
Let cook 3 hours on high.
Serve in a taco or rice bowl, as shown below!
Other recipes you might like:
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Crock Pot Jerk Chicken – an easy and delicious crock pot jerk chicken recipe. Serve over coconut rice or cauliflower rice! Meal-Prep friendly!
- 3 teaspoons ground thyme
- 1 tablespoon crushed rosemary
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoons kosher salt*
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (more or less, to taste)
- Combine Jerk Mixture, above, in medium bowl.
- Add olive oil and mix thoroughly.
- Place chicken in medium bowl and pour Jerk Mixture on top.
- Mix to allow Jerk Mixture to coat the chicken.
- Pour chicken broth into bottom of the pan.
- Place 4 slices of lime on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Place chicken on top and ensure to use spatula to get all of the Jerk Mixture into the crockpot as well.
- Add bay leaves to the crockpot and cover.
- Cook on HIGH 3 hours or on LOW 6 hours.
- Shred chicken when done and return to slow cooker to mix together with any remaining juices/seasoning. Serve and enjoy!
- Whole30/Paleo Serving: serve over cilantro lime rice with pickled onions, avocado, mango and cilantro.
- Regular Serving: serve over cilantro lime rice or coconut rice with pickled onions, avocado, mango and cilantro. Or serve a taco!
- *Salt: make sure you are using kosher salt and not sea salt or table salt. Also, if you feel you are sensitive to salt, feel free to reduce it by half. I have gotten some feedback that it is too salty, while others think it is perfect so do what works best for you!
- Storage: keep in the refrigerator, covered for up to 5 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Keywords: crock pot jerk chicken, slow cooker jerk chicken
Originally published November 5, 2017.