Chicken Seasoning – a simple and delicious recipe for an all-purpose seasoning that is great no matter how you cook your chicken!
The BEST Seasoning for Chicken
There is simply nothing better than being able to throw some spices (that you already have in your cabinet) together to make an amazingly flavorful seasoning that takes your chicken to the next level no matter how you cook it. After you see how easy this is you will never buy a store-bought seasoning again!
What You Will Need
- Paprika – for a bit of color and a mild peppery flavor.
- Dried thyme leaves – a slightly earthy flavor that pairs well with the other spices.
- Garlic powder & onion powder – a staple of any good seasoning, especially on chicken.
- Kosher salt & pepper – always a must when seasoning meat!
When Should You Season Chicken?
We recommend sprinkling this chicken seasoning on all sides of your chicken before you cook it. Letting the seasoning sit on the chicken for several minutes before cooking will help bring out the meat’s natural flavors.
Best Ways To Cook Chicken After Seasoning
This seasoning is so good that you can use it no matter how you cook your chicken – on the stovetop, baked in the oven, sous vide, on the smoker, or even in the Instant Pot. But our all-time favorite way to cook chicken is definitely on the grill!
And if you are more of a marinade type of person we have the perfect one for you!
Storing Chicken Seasoning
This is the perfect seasoning to make 2-3 batches at a time so that you always have some on hand. You can store it in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 3 months. It will last longer than 3 months but some of the flavors might become a bit muted.
Other Homemade Seasonings You Might Like
Easy Chicken Fajita Seasoning
Pork Chop Seasoning
Homemade Taco Seasoning
How To Make Chicken Seasoning
Step one – Measure out your spices.
Step two – Mix them together.
Step three – Apply liberally to all sides of your chicken.
Step four – Cook your chicken any way you want.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 Tablespoons 1x
- Category: Seasoning
- Method: Counter Top
- Cuisine: American
Chicken Seasoning – a simple and delicious recipe for an all-purpose chicken seasoning that is great no matter how you cook it!
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Use in your favorite chicken recipe (we love grilling them!) or store in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 3 months.
- Storage: for best results, store in an airtight container in a pantry (out of the sun) at room temperature for up to 3 months. You can store it longer, but the flavors may start to become more muted over time.
- Make Ahead: feel free to make a double or triple batch so you always have it on hand!
- Spice it Up: if you want to add a little cayenne pepper to spice this up, feel free!
Keywords: chicken seasoning
Leave a Rating & Comment