You need to make this Easy Watermelon Cocktail for the most light & refreshing summer drink that you have ever tasted! Made with only 6 ingredients and you have the option to leave the vodka out, if a mocktail is more your thing!
A Quick & Easy Vodka Watermelon Cocktail
On those hot summer days there is simply nothing better than a light & refreshing evening cocktail! This vodka watermelon cocktail is perfect for enjoying on the deck or patio all summer long! We love sipping this while throwing a beer can chicken on the smoker or some steaks on the grill. And if we are already cutting up some watermelon then we love throwing together a watermelon feta salad as a side dish!
What You Will Need
- fresh watermelon – it’s best to grab a VERY ripe watermelon because it has a very full-bodied, flavorful juice!
- mint leaves – a few fresh leaves give it a very fresh taste, we just grab some out of the garden.
- lime juice – fresh squeezed is always so good, but use what you have on hand.
- honey – just a little for some added sweetness, option to adjust to meet your taste (you can also use simple syrup if you prefer)!
- vodka – grab your favorite vodka or you can omit if you want a mocktail.
- club soda – a splash on top gives it some bubbles, which is always fun!
What Alcohol Goes Best With Watermelon
We used vodka in this cocktail and feel it pairs well with the watermelon. You could also use a clear rum for another summery option. Feel free to use the one that sounds best to you or what you have on hand.
Does A Watermelon Cocktail Need To Be Strained
Yes! The texture is so much better after straining it, plus you get the added benefit of it not separating in your glass once you pour it. It is a simple step that will make the drinking part of your experience more enjoyable!
How To Make An Easy Watermelon Cocktail
You can begin by cutting your watermelon into large chunks and placing them in a blender.
Add the rest of your ingredients, except the club soda.
And blend on high until smooth, taste, and make any adjustments.
Pour into a cocktail glass, add a splash of club soda or sparkling water, and garnish with mint and/or lime.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Easy Watermelon Cocktail – a simple and refreshing watermelon cocktail recipe that is perfect for a hot summer day!!
- 4 cups watermelon (you will want to get the juiciest, most ripe one you can find so that the juice is full bodied)
- 2–3 fresh mint leaves
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 teaspoons honey (more to taste)
- 2–3 oz vodka (more or less, as desired)
- 1 tablespoon club soda (or more)*
- Roughly chop up 2-3 cups of watermelon meat; try to remove as many seeds as possible.
- Add to blender along with 2-3 mint leaves, lime juice, honey and vodka.
- Blend until fully liquid.
- Taste and, if you want it to be sweeter, add a little bit of honey at a time until you have reached your desired sweetness.
- Strain the watermelon mixture – this will ensure the consistency is smooth.
- Take cocktail glass and add 3 cubes of watermelon (about 1×1 inch) as well as several ice cubes.
- Pour watermelon mixture over top, leaving about 1/2 inch or more at the top
- Add a splash of club soda or other sparking water.
- Garnish with additional mint leaves and a slice of lime.
- Strain: don’t skip the straining part – otherwise the consistency will be a bit weird and separation will occur.
- *you could also use a fun watermelon mineral water to add additional flavor!
Keywords: watermelon cocktail