Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint – the PERFECT summer salad! So easy to put together, light and refreshing!
Easy Watermelon Feta Salad
During these hot summer days you need a go-to summer salad that is easy, no-fuss and requires zero cooking! This watermelon feta salad is complete perfection. Serve at your next cookout or just for a routine weeknight dinner. Easily made dairy-free – just reach for a dairy-free feta cheese option at your local grocery store. Serve with some corn on the cob (or mexican street corn salad) and grilled chicken legs for the perfect summer meal!
What You Will Need
- watermelon: perfect for the middle of summer when fresh watermelons are everywhere are the stores!
- feta cheese: you can use regular or dairy-free feta cheese here – either works just fine.
- fresh mint leaves: we love growing mint leaves on our deck in the summer!
- olive oil + honey: these add a touch of sweetness and almost make a little dressing.
- kosher salt: just a bit to help accentuate the flavors.
- fresh lime juice: a little tang goes a long way! Feel free to add more though!
- red onion: this is totally optional, but rounds out the flavors nicely.
How to Make Watermelon Feta Salad
Cut up your watermelon and place in a large bowl.
Add the rest of your ingredients.
Toss gently to combine.
So, the next time you are in a pinch to bring a salad to a cookout, this should be it! Super easy, delicious and not your typical cut up watermelon — and to answer your question, YES, watermelon and feta taste surprisingly amazing together!
Other Recipes You Might Like
- Grilled Corn on the Cob in Foil
- Easy Chicken Marinade (+ how to grill chicken breasts)
- Smoked Chicken Legs
- Smoked Pork Shoulder
- Grilled Chicken Wings
- Best Dry Rub for Ribs
- 4 Pork Chop Marinades
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action! Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Counter Top
- Cuisine: American
Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint – The PERFECT summer salad! So easy to put together, light and refreshing!
- 1/2 regular-sized watermelon, cubed
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix gently to combine.
- Taste and adjust any ingredient as-desired.
- Serve cold.
- Dairy-free: feel free to use a dairy-free feta here to make this recipe dairy-free.
Keywords: watermelon feta salad, watermelon feta mint salad
Originally published June 5, 2017. Recipe and photos have been updated.
Leave a Rating & Comment