Grilled Corn on the Cob in Foil is one of our absolute favorites. It’s simple, tasty, and guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser. Follow along as we share how to whip up this summer favorite on the grill in a few easy steps.
The Juiciest Grilled Corn on the Cob in Foil
There’s something satisfying about cooking your food in the outdoors, isn’t there? And being from the Midwest, we take every opportunity to enjoy the warmer weather while it lasts. Which is why you’ll find us grilling corn in foil on a weekly basis in the summer. With it’s quick prep and big flavors, it’s a no brainer to add as a side dish to all our summer grilled favorites; turkey burgers, grilled steak, and grilled salmon and it also makes a great salad topping (like on this BBQ Chicken Salad).
What You Will Need
- sweet corn – This is one of our favorite summer staples. For the freshest and tastiest cobs, hit up your local farmers market!
- olive oil – Whatever kind you have on hand will work perfectly.
- kosher salt and butter – These two savory additions will make each bite pop with flavor.
- heavy duty foil – Corn is a hearty vegetable and the heavy duty foil keeps it contained while cooking.
How Long To Grill Corn In Foil
We have found that 15-20 minutes is the perfect amount of time to create the perfect balance of crunchy meets juicy in every bite.
What Are Some Main Dishes To Serve With Grilled Corn in Foil
Oh gosh, the possibilities are truly endless here, but since corn is quite starchy, we love to pair it with some of our favorite grilled proteins such as grilled chicken wings, grilled fish, or grilled pork chops. And while you have the grill heated up, take your side salad to the next level and add some grilled pineapple.
What Toppings Can I Add To My Grilled Corn in Foil
Butter and salt are our top picks to accentuate the classic corn flavors, but there are a lot of ways to get creative. Add some heat by topping your corn with chili powder, cotija cheese, lime juice and mayo (if that is your jam – try out this Mexican Street Corn). Or really lean into summer by adding a thin layer of basil pesto with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
How To Grill Corn In Foil
Lay corn down on a large piece of heavy duty foil and drizzle with olive oil to coat each corn cob.
Sprinkle each corn cob with kosher salt.
Cut 2-3 tablespoons of butter into chunks and top evenly over corn.
Create an air-tight foil packet by topping your corn with another piece of foil and pinching the sides closed.
Place on the grill over direct heat, close your grill, and let cook for 15-20 minutes, rotating one to two times.
Carefully remove your corn packet from the grill and open the foil package to release the hot steam.
Add additional butter and salt as desired and enjoy!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Grilled Corn on the Cob in Foil – grilling corn on the cob in foil is an easy an delicious side dish for any summer meal!
- 6 pieces sweet corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2–3 tablespoon butter
- heavy duty foil
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Lay down large piece of heavy duty foil
- Place corn in the middle.
- Drizzle with olive oil and rub all over.
- Sprinkle with salt (you can add more later if you want) and add in 2-3 tablespoons of butter (cut into several small slices).
- Cover with another piece of foil and then wrap up tightly ensuring the sides are pinched together so no air can get out (essentially making a foil packet with the corn in the middle).
- Place on the grill over direct heat. Close and let cook 15-20 minutes, rotating 1-2 times.
- Remove from grill and carefully open the foil (hot steam will come out right away so be careful).
- Add additional butter and/or salt, as desired.
Keywords: grilled corn in foil, grilled corn on the cob in foil