This super easy Grilled Sweet Corn is a summer must-have recipe! It’s easy to make, kid-friendly and so delicious! Learn how to grill sweet corn with this easy step-by-step tutorial! Great for your next backyard cookout or 4th of July celebration.
The Best Grilled Sweet Corn
Summer isn’t summer without a nice ear of sweet corn at the table! Definitely one of our favorite summer side dish recipes that the whole family loves. Sometimes we boil our corn on the cob, make smoked corn on the cob, or grill our ears of corn right in their husks, but this is by far the simplest and best way to grill your corn on the cob. Perfect for serving up with any of your favorite summer dinner recipes or remove the corn from the cob and use to make Corn Salsa or Mexican Street Corn Dip.
Looking to grill up more fresh vegetables? Checkout all these easy grilled vegetables!
What You Will Need
- ears of sweet corn – we love grabbing fresh sweet corn from our local farmer’s market, but the grocery store will have some all summer too!
- olive oil – just a drizzle on the outside to get a nice roast.
- kosher salt – a sprinkle for some added seasoning is always a must on corn.
What Is Sweet Corn
Sweet corn is essentially a hybrid type of corn with a very high sugar content (as opposed to field corn, which a lot of farm animals eat). Read more about it HERE (super interesting!).
How To Grill Sweet Corn
To begin this simple sweet corn recipe, you will need to preheat the grill to 450 degrees F and make sure the grill grates are clean. Then husk each ear of corn by removing the leaves and silks.
Next, place all of the clean ears of corn on a plate or baking sheet.
Drizzle the corn with olive oil and use a basting brush or your hands to rub it in. Then season with a sprinkling of kosher salt.
Do You Soak Corn On The Cob Before Grilling
You only need to do that step if you are grilling corn with husks on. Otherwise, no – you do not need to soak husked corn or boil husked corn before grilling!
Now place the prepared ears of corn on the preheated grill grates and grill over direct heat for 10-15 minutes.
Carefully use grill tongs to rotate each ear for perfect charring on all sides.
Pro tip: if you don’t like charring, you can also grill your sweet corn in foil. It works great and results in less charring.
Enjoy your perfectly grilled sweet corn any way you want!
How To Serve Grilled Sweet Corn
If you are looking to serve your corn on the cob as a side dish, we love to enjoy it with Grilled Spatchcock Chicken, Grilled Burgers, or Grilled Steaks! You can also use this easy grilled sweet corn to make some Mexican Street Corn Salad, that can be enjoyed on nachos, burgers, or steak tacos!
How To Store Grilled Sweet Corn
Any leftovers can be stored in an airtight container and placed in the refrigerator for 2-3 days! (Corn historically isn’t GREAT as a leftover, but 2-3 days won’t be too bad!). We also love to use this leftover corn to make all those Mexican Street Corn Salad recipes!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Grilled Sweet Corn – a summer must-have recipe! It’s easy to make, kid-friendly and so delicious! Learn how to grill sweet corn with this easy tutorial!
- 4–6 ears of sweet corn, shucked (remove outer leaves and silk strands)
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- Ensure grill grates are clean and preheat grill to 450 degrees F.
- Place clean, shucked ears of sweet corn on a plate or baking sheet.
- Very lightly drizzle with olive oil and use your hands to massage oil into each ear of corn. Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Grill sweet corn on direct heat for a total of 10-15 minutes, turning once or twice with grill tongs.
- Remove when corn is slightly charred.
- Serve immediately with additional salt and pepper (if desired) and/or ghee, butter or plant-based butter or make some yummy Mexican Street Corn Salad!
- Storage: To store, place in airtight container in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- What to Make with it: We love using grilled sweet corn to make this Mexican Street Corn Salad!
Keywords: grilled sweet corn, how to grill sweet corn