Our quick and easy Blackstone Fried Rice cooks in a matter of minutes and has the most amazing flavor! Made with real, simple ingredients, this easy dinner option will have you feeling like chef at a hibachi restaurant. Perfect for impressing a crowd or just a quick family dinner!
The Best Blackstone Fried Rice
If you don’t already have a Blackstone grill or griddle cook top, we highly recommend it! They have become so popular and are a great option for cooking just about anything. We are beyond excited to bring you this blackstone fried rice recipe that we have been testing and testing, just because we can’t stop eating it. The whole family absolutely loves this easy recipe that is just as fun to cook as it is to eat! It will definitely wow the crowd at your next backyard cookout.
And if you love fried rice recipes as much as us, you have to try our Shrimp Fried Rice!
What You Will Need
- fried rice sauce – only 5 simple ingredients come together to make the most flavorful sauce.
- soy sauce – an essential ingredient when making just about any Asian-inspired dish.
- boneless skinless chicken thighs – we prefer chicken thighs, but you can also use boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- olive oil – this is our preferred oil, but any vegetable oil will work! Option to use canola oil or avocado oil.
- garlic & yellow onion – both of these bring all the best flavor.
- frozen peas & carrots – we always have a bag of these in the freezer just for this meal, but feel free to use any frozen or fresh vegetables you have on hand!
- eggs – a little scrambled eggs in the mix are a key ingredient for fried rice on the blackstone.
- cooked rice – any type of rice will work in this recipe. Usually, we prefer a white rice, basmati rice, or jasmine rice.
- salt & pepper – simple seasonings that are a must when cooking any type of meat.
- green onions – they bring flavor and color, just sprinkle them in the mix!
- red pepper flakes – a little bit if you like a kick of heat.
How To Make Blackstone Fried Rice
The first steps to making this easy fried rice recipe are to gather the ingredients and marinate chicken in a couple tablespoons of soy sauce for 15-20 minutes.
Now, place all the sauce ingredients in a mason jar, seal the lid, and shake to mix. Preheat your blackstone flat top to medium high heat and gather all the tools and ingredients you will need to cook the fried rice.
When the flat top grill is nice and hot, add a tablespoon of oil and place the marinated chicken thighs on to cook. Flip halfway through the cooking process and continue cooking until their internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F (use a meat thermometer). Set the cooked chicken to the side on a plate or cutting board.
Now, add another tablespoon of oil, sauté the garlic and onion until fragrant and add the frozen veggies. After they cook for a couple minutes, move them to the side of the flat top griddle. Add another tablespoon of oil and then pour on the beaten eggs. Use a large spatula to move them around to become scrambled eggs.
Move the eggs off to the side and add the cooked, cold rice to the Blackstone. Use the spatula to mix the veggies and eggs into the rice. After cutting the cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces, it will also be added back in at this point. Then you will also mix-in half the green onions, pepper, & red pepper flakes (if using).
Add about 2 tablespoons soy sauce to the mix and continue tossing everything together.
Add about half the fried rice sauce and continue cooking until the rice is warmed through.
Best Way To Serve Blackstone Fried Rice
One of the best parts about making this easy meal is that you already have a protein, grain, and veggie – all cooked together on one cook top! We love to pour extra fried rice sauce when serving and then sprinkle with some green onions and sesame seeds. You could also serve it with some egg rolls or potstickers as a side dish!
Yes! For best results, cook the rice ahead of time and let cool before frying. Day-old, leftover rice tends to work best for this recipe.
Absolutely! In this recipe card, we used chicken thighs, but you can also make blackstone fried rice with shrimp, steak, or hold the meat and just use veggies!
Yes, the cooked rice is supposed to be at least a day-old anyway. Just keep in an airtight container in the fridge. You can also meal prep the sauce and store in the fridge.
Made this delicious recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
The BEST Blackstone Fried Rice that can be made with chicken, shrimp or veggie-style with the most amazing sauce – get this on your menu!
Fried Rice Sauce:
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1–2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 3 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2–4 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
Blackstone Fried Rice:
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs*
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (sub other oil of your choice), divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 3 cups packed cooked rice (preferably day-old)**
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 green onions, sliced
- red pepper flakes to taste
- kosher salt to taste
- for serving: poached or fried eggs, additional green onions, or red pepper flakes
- Marinate Chicken: place chicken in a shallow bowl or reusable silicone bag along with 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Ensure chicken is fully coated and let marinate 15-20 minutes.
- Make Fried Rice Sauce: combine sauce ingredients in a mason jar. Seal the lid and shake to combine (alternatively you can whisk together in a shallow bowl).
- Cook Chicken: Bring Blackstone to medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoons oil; move around to coat the flat top. Cook marinated chicken thighs (discard excess soy sauce) and let cook 2-3 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Transfer to a plate and let rest 5 minutes before cutting into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook Veggies: Add another tablespoon of oil to the cook top. Add garlic and onion, move around until garlic becomes fragrant, approx. 30 seconds. Add frozen peas and carrots. Move around approx. 2-3 minutes. Move veggies off to the side.
- Cook Eggs: Add 1 tablespoon oil to the cook top along with 2 whisked eggs. Move eggs around until cooked through. Move them off to the side.
- Combine it all with Sauce: Add the rice to the grill and move the cooked veggies and egg back over to combine with the rice along with the cooked chicken pieces, ground black pepper, 1/2 the green onion slices, red pepper flakes (if using), and approx. 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Move around until well combined and rice is warmed through. Add approx. 1/2 the Fried Rice Sauce and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately with the remaining Fried Rice Sauce, remaining sliced green onions, crushed red pepper flakes, or even a fried egg!
- *Chicken: I highly recommend using chicken thighs, but you can sub in about 1.25 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts – the cook time will be a bit longer, but you could butterfly them if you wanted them to cook faster.
- Shrimp Option: Feel free to sub in shrimp if you want to! Use approx. 1lb of raw shrimp (deveined and shell off). Completely up to you if you want to cook your shrimp with the tail on, tail removed OR if you want to actually cut your shrimp into bite-sized pieces for easier eating – do what works best for you! You will cook them after the veggies and before the egg for about 2-3 minutes!
- Veggie Option: feel free to make this a simple Vegetable Fried Rice by skipping the chicken or shrimp and amping up your veggies – bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, etc. all work here!
- *Rice: it is highly recommended that you use day-old rice (or leftover rice) – so make it the day before and store in the refrigerator – this helps dry the rice out and prevents it from being too sticky.
- Chili Garlic Sauce: HERE is the chili garlic sauce I use – it is SO good and I use it in so many of my recipes!
- Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
- Serving Size: 6 oz
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 2.1 g
- Sodium: 540.6 mg
- Fat: 7.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.4 g
- Protein: 18.5 g
- Cholesterol: 101 mg
Keywords: blackstone fried rice, blackstone chicken friend rice, fried rice, chicken fried rice, easy meals