This super easy Fried Rice Sauce is made with 5 simple ingredients and is a great way to add so much flavor to your favorite fried rice recipe! It can be prepped ahead of time and feel free to adjust the spice level to your personal preference.
The Best Fried Rice Sauce
On busy weeknights, we love a quick and easy dinner option and fried rice or stir fries are something our whole family can agree on (we love this Blackstone Fried Rice this Shrimp Fried Rice and this Chicken Fried Rice). Whether you are making chicken fried rice, shrimp fried rice, pork fried rice, or with any other type of protein. You are going to need a flavorful sauce that brings your Chinese fried rice together.
Our simple sauce for good fried rice can be made in under 5 minutes at home and is just as good as ones you find at your local Chinese restaurant. Plus, it can be added to your fried rice recipes no matter what stir-frying process you use – large wok, Blackstone griddle, large skillet, etc.
What You Will Need
- regular soy sauce – the base ingredient for this traditional fried rice sauce. Option to use light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, or coconut aminos.
- chili garlic sauce – just a little bit will amp up the spice level in your sauce.
- rice vinegar – more mild and sweet than standard vinegar. Find it at your local grocery store.
- ginger – simple root vegetable that brings delicious flavor and pepperiness.
- sesame oil – just a bit to spread all of these amazing flavors throughout your dish.
How To Make Sauce For Fried Rice
The first steps to making this easy recipe are to gather all the sauce ingredients.
Place all of the ingredients in a glass jar, secure the lid on top, and shake vigorously to combine. Or whisk them together in a small bowl.
Now add this easy sauce to your favorite rice recipe. For best results, add the sauce towards the end of the cooking process. Then use a bit more when serving at room temperature. Option to make a double batch to get to the right amount of sauce for your favorite recipes.
Best Way To Use Fried Rice Sauce
Every easy fried rice recipe needs a flavor-packed sauce to wake-up your tastebuds! Simply cook your protein of choice with cold rice (we prefer day-old rice or leftover rice), beaten eggs, and frozen veggies on medium heat. Feel free to use any type of rice grains, like jasmine rice, white rice, basmati rice, etc. Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds!
Made this delicious recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
The BEST Fried Rice Sauce ever! Packed with flavor and the perfect addition to your favorite fried rice recipe (shrimp, chicken or veggie)!
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1–2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce
- 3 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2–4 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- Gluten-Free: to make this gluten-free use Tamari or coconut aminos.
- Storage: feel free to make this the day before and store in the fridge – if you have leftovers, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Chili Garlic Sauce: HERE is the chili garlic sauce I use – it is SO good and I use it in so many of my recipes!
Keywords: fried rice sauce, sauce for fried rice, chinese fried rice sauce