- 1 1/2 cup leeks [remove outer layer of leek; but stalk into 2 inch sections; cut each section 1/8 strips – so cut each section in half and then take a half and cut 1/4 inch strips out of it]
- 4 bunches of baby bok choy; clean and then cut off bottom, allow stalks to be separated.
- 2 cups packed spinach
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons chopped garlic
- 6 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon red pepper flakes (additional for garnish)
- 1/2 Teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 3 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 2 poached eggs
- Cook jasmine rice per package instructions.
- In small saucepan, heat water so that it is ready and waiting to make poached egg.
- In large skillet on medium-high heat, add olive oil and garlic; stir until you can smell the garlic begin to cook.
- Add soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, lemon zest and water; bring to boil; reduce heat to medium.
- Add leeks and stir immediately; cover for 3 minutes.
- Remove cover and add bok choy; Stir and then cover for 2 minutes.
- Remove cover and add spinach; Stir and cover for 1 minute.
- Remove cover and stir again; Cover and turn off heat.
- Ensuring water is ready to poach egg, get your bowl ready with about a cup or a cup and a half of rice and some of the bok choy/leek/spinach mixture; then poach your egg (2 minutes per egg in water) and place on top.
- Keep any extra soy sauce mixture from the skillet and serve in small bowl to pour onto rice.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and serve immediately.