Spicy Salmon Sushi Bowl is such a fun and delicious summer recipe you are going to love!
Salmon Sushi Bowl
Inspired by a sushi restaurant I ate at years ago, this was my go-to on their menu. I loved the simplicity of it and it just always left me satisfied and full. Essentially a deconstructed spicy-salmon-roll-in-a-bowl, this is going to be your new favorite!
Love sushi but not raw fish – try our California Roll!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Fresh: the ingredients are fresh and delicious! You can easily modify it to suit your own preferences as well!
- Easy: Literally just throw it in a bowl and go – super easy!
- Light: I love eating sushi anytime of year, but especially in the summer when it feels too hot to really cook sometimes!
What You Will Need
- cooked sushi rice: use as much or as little of this as you want – learn how to cook sushi rice on the stove top or in the Instant Pot!
- sushi grade salmon: I have always had good luck finding this at Whole Foods!
- avocado: gotta add that avocado!
- cilantro: omit this if cilantro isn’t your thing!
- soy sauce: you can also use tamari if you need to keep things gluten-free.
How to Make a Salmon Sushi Bowl
Prep your ingredients – check out our tutorial on how to cut an avocado!
Assemble your bowl! Get creative and make it your own!
Make it Spicy
Salmon Sushi Bowl Add-Ins
Other add-ins you can use include: carrots, cucumber or jalapeño! Of course feel free to add in anything else that sounds good too!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Salmon Sushi Bowl – a simple, delicious recipe for a deconstructed spicy salmon sushi bowl. A quick and easy lunch or dinner!
- 1 1/2 cup cooked sushi rice (cook per package instructions)
- Approx. 8 oz sushi grade salmon, cut at an angle into 1/2 inch slices
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 teaspoons Siracha
- Place rice in an individual serving bowl.
- Place salmon on top of rice, along with cilantro and avocado.
- In small, separate bowl, combine mayo and Siracha – taste. If it isn’t spicy enough, add additional Siracha or mayo until you have reached your perfect spiciness level.
- Drizzle some spicy mayo over salmon, don’t over do it – you can always add more.
- Drizzle your desired amount of soy sauce over everything.
- Other Add-ins: feel free to add in pickled ginger, jalapeno, carrots, cucumber, etc.
- Gluten-Free: use coconut aminos or Tamari instead of soy sauce to make this gluten-free.
Keywords: salmon sushi bowl