Dairy Free Frosting – a simple, easy dairy free frosting recipe that is perfect for sugar cookies and Holiday cut out cookies!
An Easy Dairy Free Frosting Recipe
Cookies and frosting are simply the perfect combination – especially during the holidays! This dairy free frosting uses only 4 real ingredients and it can be whipped up in 10 minutes. So easy! Feel free to easily double or triple a batch to frost as many cookies as you want.
What You Will Need
- plant butter – we used Miyoko’s plant butter but feel free to use your favorite.
- vanilla extract – a dash for a bit of flavor.
- powdered sugar – this brings all the delicious sweetness to any frosting.
- unsweetened almond milk – just a bit for some moisture to whip this recipe together.
What Is Dairy Free Icing Made Of?
We used 4 simple, real ingredients – vegan butter, vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and unsweetened almond milk. Use a hand or stand mixer and these turn into the most delicious dairy free frosting in about 5 minutes.
What Can I Frost With Dairy Free Frosting?
Anything!! You can use it on cookies, cakes, cupcakes, anything you want! We love it on Gluten Free Sugar Cookies. They make the perfect cut-out cookies during the holiday season!
Does Non Dairy Frosting Need To Be Refrigerated?
Actually it doesn’t, but if you aren’t going to use it that day we would recommend storing it in the fridge. You can store it in the fridge for about 1 week! Just make sure your baked goods are completely cooled before frosting them.
Can You Freeze Dairy Free Frosting?
Yes, you can! It can be stored in the freezer for about 1 month. Just make sure you move it to the fridge to thaw for a while before you want to use it.
How To Make Dairy Free Frosting
Step one – grab your favorite plant butter.
Step two – place your soft, plant butter in a bowl with the vanilla extract.
Step three – use a hand or stand mixer to beat the butter and vanilla together.
Step four – slowly add the powdered sugar and almond milk to the bowl and keep beating until it reaches your desired consistency.
Step five – enjoy on your favorite baked goods!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Dairy-Free Frosting – a simple, easy dairy free frosting recipe that is perfect for sugar cookies and Holiday cut out cookies!
- 1/4 cup plant butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened almond milk, divided
- Add plant butter and vanilla to a medium mixing bowl. Beat with hand mixer until well combined.
- Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon almond milk; beat until creamy.
- Add another 1/2 cup powdered sugar and another teaspoon almond milk; beat again until creamy.
- Add additional almond milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until the frosting reaches a spreadable consistency. To thicken add additional powdered sugar.
- Use on your favorite sugar cookie recipe!
- Plant Butter: I used Miyokos plant butter, but feel free to use any kind!
- Storage: you can easily store this dairy free frosting in the fridge for 1 week or in the freezer for 1 month.
- Serving Suggestion: you can use this frosting on any of your favorite baked goods – we especially love it on these Gluten Free Sugar Cookies!
Keywords: dairy free frosting