Mango Margarita – A simple spin on your classic margarita that is made with simple, real ingredients in just 10 minutes! Serve on the rocks and enjoy!
Best Ever Mango Margarita
There is nothing better than a simple cocktail made with real ingredients in a matter of minutes at 5 o’clock on a Friday (or any day really :))! This one is SO GOOD. Especially on those warm summer nights. And the little kick that the chili lime rim adds is perfection! You have to try this.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Ingredients: I love that all the ingredients are simple and we are using real, fresh mango in here! So good!
- Refreshing: This cold, blended margarita (that you can serve on the rocks if you want) is just the perfect addition to any hot day!
- Celebrate: Sometimes we make cocktails to help us celebrate and this is the perfect option for any such occasion!
What Will You Need
- agave tequila: this is my preferred tequila, but use what you have!
- fresh lime juice: fresh lime juice adds that little bit of acidity that is required in any good margarita!
- fresh mango: who doesn’t love a fresh, perfectly ripe mango! But if you can’t find a good one (here is an article about how to pick the perfect mango) then you can easily use frozen mango! If you are using fresh mango throw in a handful of ice to your margarita, if you are using frozen mango you can skip the extra ice!
- honey: naturally sweetened!
- ice: you only really need to use this if you are using fresh mango! It helps thicken the margarita!
- water: you only need this if you are using frozen mango – otherwise there won’t be enough liquid to blend up the margarita.
- chili powder: just the tiny bit of spice that pairs perfectly with the sweet mango
- kosher salt: because every margarita has to have a salt rim of SOME kind!
- slice of fresh lime: such a pretty final touch to this delicious margarita!
What is the Best Tequila to Use
I used agave tequila but any tequila will do. Just grab your favorite! If you are looking for a brand recommendation take a look at this list of the 8 Best Tequilas to Use in a Margarita.
Can I Make This a Mocktail
Definitely! Simply omit the tequila and blend up the rest of the margarita ingredients. Still delicious!
What’s the Best Way to Dress it Up
For this margarita I dressed it up with a chili lime salt rim and then placed a lime on the rim. This is perfect if you love a little spice in your life! Otherwise feel free to omit the chili powder if you want to keep it basic with a little salt.
What To Serve it With
Other Drink Recipes You Might Like
How to Make a Mango Margarita
Step One: Making a homemade mango margarita is really super easy. Simply gather your ingredients (there is only a handful) and cut your mango up if you are using a fresh one.
Step Two: toss everything into the blender.
Step Three: Blend on HIGH (using a high-speed blender is really helpful here to get the right consistency) until it is smooth. Then taste and adjust any seasoning as desired (everyone is different)!
Step Four: Also, don’t forget that yummy chili lime rim – just mix those ingredients on a small plate, then rub a lime wedge around the top of your glass and put your glass upside down in the mix.
Step Five: Finally, pour your margarita into your prepared glass and garnish with a fresh lime! Enjoy!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Mango Margarita – a naturally sweetened, refreshing mango margarita that is perfect for your next summer happy hour!
- 1.5 oz agave tequila
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cups mango (fresh or frozen), diced*
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 handful ice (only if using fresh mango)
- 3/4 cup water (only if using frozen mango)
Chili Lime Salt Rim
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh lime slice
- Add: Add Mango Margarita ingredients to high-powered blender (remember to add ice if you are using fresh mango OR use water if using frozen mango – check ingredient list).
- Blend: Blend on HIGH until fully combined and smooth – you may need to stop and scrape down the sides as you are going.
- Taste: Taste and add additional lime juice, honey, ice, tequila or water – as desired/needed.
- Combine: Place chili pepper and salt on a small plate and mix together.
- Rub: Take the lime wedge and rub it around the rim of your glass.
- Coat: Turn the glass upside down and twist into the chili powder/salt mixture so that the rim of the glass is coated.
- Pour: Pour the margarita into the glass
- Serve: Serve immediately.
- *Frozen mango: If you are using frozen mango you are going to need to add a little water for extra liquid to help the ingredients actually blend up – keep adding 1/4 cup at a time, as needed! You do not need to use ice if you are using frozen mango.
- *Fresh mango: you will need to add ice if you are using fresh mango so that it is cold and thick! You do not need to use water if you are using fresh mango!
- Taste and Adjust: Everyone is different so always taste after blending and adjust anything (lime juice, honey or ice) as you see fit!
- Double: Feel free to double for more than one person!
- Variations: you could even through in a handful of frozen pineapple or even strawberries for a fun twist!
Keywords: mango margarita, frozen mango margarita