Your next holiday ham needs this amazing Honey Bourbon Ham Glaze! It is packed with flavor and a bit of sweetness. Perfect for your next baked ham!
The Best Honey Bourbon Ham Glaze
A ham is a staple food on our dinner table for a variety of holidays and if you are looking for a simple but flavorful glaze for your next ham… you need to make this! It adds the perfect amount of sweetness without being overpowering. It will be a hit with the whole family at your next holiday get-together! And if you are looking for a Honey Glazed Ham recipe we love THIS ONE!
What You Will Need
- honey & coconut or brown sugar – the perfect combination of sweetness that really brings out the flavor of the ham.
- butter – use what works for you – regular butter, plant-based, ghee, etc.
- dijon mustard – this brings so much great flavor that goes great with ham!
- lemon zest – just a little to help level up all the flavors.
- bourbon – option to use as much or as little as you like.
- ground cinnamon & ground allspice – a yummy combo of spices that bring even more flavor!
Do You Glaze A Ham Covered Or Uncovered
We generously added the glaze to the ham for the last 20 minutes, or so, of it baking. After basting on the glaze we leave the ham uncovered in the oven. This will allow the sugars to caramelize a bit, giving you a really nice glaze on the outside of the ham.
Should The Glaze Go On Before Or After Cooking The Ham
This glaze does not need to be on the ham the whole time it is in the oven. You will want to wait to add the glaze until the last 20 minutes that it is in the oven. This will result in the perfect amount of sugar caramelization.
How To Make A Honey Bourbon Ham Glaze
Place all of your ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Whisk until full combined.
Brush the glaze generously on your ham for the last 20, or so, minutes that it is in the oven.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Honey Bourbon Ham Glaze – a delicious honey ham glaze recipe made with honey, brown sugar (or coconut sugar), a little bourbon and more!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon bourbon (more if desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- water to thin
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl.
- Whisk to combine.
- Taste and adjust any flavor, as desired. If you feel it is too thick and you prefer it thinner – whisk in water a tablespoon at a time.
- Cook your ham according to your favorite recipe (we love this one) and brush glaze over ham before the last 20 minutes or so of cooking. Return to oven, uncovered, and finish cooking. Feel free to use a kitchen blow torch to crisp up the outside before serving!
- Double Recipe: feel free to double this recipe, if needed.
- Saucepan: you can also make this in a saucepan – just warm slightly on the stove until it starts to thin.
- Paleo: to keep this recipe paleo ensure you use coconut sugar instead of brown sugar.
- Butter: feel free to use ghee or plant-based butter here.
- Bourbon: feel free to omit if you want or use more if you want – I would add an additional teaspoon at a time.
Keywords: honey ham glaze