These simple and delicious Ham and Egg Cups are perfect for leftover ham and work great for meal-prep! The perfect way to simplify the most important meal of the day – breakfast!
Quick & Easy Ham and Egg Cups
Whether you are making these or our Healthy Baked Egg Cups, they are so delicious that you will make enough to have all week! They can easily be made in minutes, with only 6 real, simple ingredients, and are perfect for storing in the fridge or freezer to make future meals even easier. These yummy egg cups are just what you need. Super simple, versatile, and perfect for meal prep.
What You Will Need
- eggs – the base for these egg cups that are perfect for a protein-filled breakfast.
- unsweetened almond milk – this gives the eggs a little fluff so they are nice and light, option to use regular milk too.
- ham – a perfect way to use any leftover baked ham from a holiday or you can buy pre-cooked diced ham or deli ham from your local grocery store.
- spinach – for some added nutrition and a pop of color. You could also toss in some bell pepper, cheese, mushrooms, etc. They are very versatile!
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – simple seasoning combination that always necessary when making eggs.
How To Make Ham and Egg Cups
You can begin by preheating your oven to 350. Then, crack all of your eggs in a medium mixing bowl.
Whisk your eggs and almond milk together until fully combined.
How to Keep Your Egg Cups from Sticking?
Spray your muffin pan with non-stick/olive oil. Otherwise, you could invest in a silicone muffin pan and then you wouldn’t need to spray them at all.
Place your ham and spinach in your muffin tin first and then pour the egg mixture over the top filling the cup about 3/4 of the way.
Sprinkle with a little extra salt and pepper and bake for 17-18 minutes or until the top is firm.
Remove and let stand for 10 minutes.
They really are great for meal prep and you can easily store them in the refrigerator or the freezer for enjoying far into the future. Here are a few of our tips:
- Refrigerator – once they have fully cooled you can place them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Just pop in the microwave to reheat and enjoy!
- Freezer – simply place them in a freezer-safe container (we love stasher bags), seal, and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Grab one or a few when you are ready to eat them, reheat, and eat.
- Optional Add-Ins – for this recipe we used ham and spinach, but you could easily use a variety of different add-in ingredients like bell pepper, sausage, mushrooms, onions, or even some shredded cheese!
- Whole30/Paleo – if you want to keep yours Whole30/Paleo, you will want to check your ham to make sure it is compliant.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Ham and Egg Cups – simple and delicious, these Ham and Egg cups are perfect for leftover ham and work great for meal-prep!
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup ham, cut into pretty small pieces
- 1/4 cup spinach, ripped into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray muffin tins with non-stick/olive oil.
- In medium mixing bowl add eggs and almond milk; whisk to combine and break up eggs.
- Place some ham pieces and ripped spinach into each muffin tin.
- Pour egg mixture over the top, filing the cup about 3/4 of the way (it will rise in the oven).
- Sprinkle with a little extra salt and pepper.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes or until the top is firm. If top is still uncooked just put back in the oven for 2-3 minute increments until fully cooked.
- Remove and let cool for 10 minutes (egg will also continue to cook during this time).
- Gently remove the cups from the muffin tin.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Other additions: you could also add chopped bell peppers or minced onion.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Whole30/Paleo: check your ham ingredients if you are concerned with Whole30/Paleo to ensure it is compliant.
- Ham: we love using leftover Smoked Ham or Honey Glazed Ham from the holidays or you can easily use deli ham too – whatever you have on hand!
Keywords: ham and egg cups