Paleo Roasted Cauliflower Mason Jar Salad
This post is sponsored by Love Beets®, but the opinions are my own.
These healthy mason jar salads will brighten up your work lunch game!
It is officially Spring and these Paleo Roasted Cauliflower Mason Jar Salads are just what you need! Packed with good-for-you ingredients and some fun new flavor combinations, you are going to be the envy of everyone in the lunch room!
My favorite part of these bright and beautiful spring salads is most definitely the honey + vinegar golden beets. Not only are they delicious, but do you guys realize how good beets are for you?! They have a ton of folate (any pregnant mama’s out there!), betaine (for healthy liver function) and silica (supports healthy bones) among so many other wonderful things! I don’t know about you guys, but I will finding ALL the ways to work more beets into my diet!
Now, let’s answer some mason jar salad questions:
How to layer this paleo mason jar salad with chicken:
The key to remember whenever you are layering a mason jar salad or any salad in a jar recipe – place your protein on the bottom (along with your dressing if you desire) and then add those ingredients that are stronger (for example I added almonds after the chicken here because I know they won’t get crushed by anything). Continue working your way through your ingredients until you get to your weakest ingredients (such as lettuce). Just remember: strongest to weakest and you will be just fine.
Can I make this mason jar salad vegan/plant-based:
YES! Instead of the chicken I would suggest subbing chickpeas, which you could roast right alongside the cauliflower!
Can’t wait for you guys to make this one!
Other Healthy Work Lunches:
- Work Lunch Greek Chicken Salad (Whole30/Paleo/Dairy-Free)
- Mediterranean Chicken Quinoa Bowl
- Easy Sausage Spaghetti Squash Bowls
Paleo Roasted Cauliflower Mason Jar Salad – liven up your work-lunch game and meal prep these yummy roasted cauliflower, grilled chicken and yellow honey beet mason jar salads!
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breasts*
- 1 cup romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds (check ingredients if Paleo)
- 1 cup cucumber (use ribbons or simply dice into bite-sized chunks)
- 1 cup Love Beets honey + vinegar golden beets
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- balsamic dressing (I love this one, which is paleo-friendly)
- feel free to add avocado too!
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Place cauliflower florets in small bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cumin.
- Toss to coat.
- Place on parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill on medium heat for 10-12 minutes, flipping once – internal temp needs to be 165.
- You can also cook your chicken in a cast iron or instant pot – I also batch prep chicken by boiling the whole breast in water for 15-20 minutes or until internal temp of 165 and then shred it to save for salads.
- In your choice of storage container place chicken on the bottom, then almonds, cucumber, beets, romaine and cauliflower.
- Place salad dressing in small storage safe container.
- Bring both to work and either pour into a salad bowl or eat out of your storage container.
- Prep several and they will be fine in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
*feel free to omit chicken if you prefer a vegan salad – chickpeas would be a good substitute and you could roast them with the cauliflower! (note that chickpeas are not considered paleo)
Keywords: grilled chicken, roasted cauliflower, honey, beets, cucumber, mason jar, meal prep, work lunch
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting all things The Wooden Skillet.