Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower, Kale and Shrimp Pasta + Brown Butter – easy enough for a weeknight meal, but delicious enough for a weekend dinner party!
This bowl of deliciousness. I want it again. And again. …… and again. I love pasta and I love seafood – (Exhibit A) and I wanted to try and come up with a new recipe that is weeknight-worthy. This is what happened. I don’t know you guys, there is something about the roasted turmeric cauliflower that makes this bowl of pasta just so much better …. the flavor just lends itself to the brown butter and they meld together to make this “sauce” that is so unique and flavorful. Add in some roasted kale and shrimp. This will be making an appearance in my kitchen repeatedly. It is officially on my “weeknight dinner ideas” list. You guys have one of those too, right?
It is literally just a long list of easy weeknight dinners (think quesadillas and meatballs and dumplings) that I kind of use as a resource when I am meal planning for the week. If you don’t have one, just take 10-15 minutes and sit down and make a list of easy weeknight dinners (grab a bunch of cookbooks, Pinterest, etc.) and just make a list. Maybe write down next to it where you got it from for reference, but just make a list. Then, when you plan out your meals for the week, you can think about what you have on hand and kind of compare that to your easy go-to list and boom – I bet your week of meals will fill up in an instant.
Anyway…..back to this beautiful bowl of delicious goodness. Have you guys roasted cauliflower before? Caaaause its amazing. You should try it. Even if it isn’t for this recipe, just give it a try. Toss some olive oil or butter or ghee on it with some salt – 425 for 30-40 minutes. Maybe rotate it once. You will just be snacking on it after you pull it out of the oven (undoubtedly burning your mouth because you won’t be able to wait until it cools to try it ——I swear my husband does it Every. Single. Time).
I just love this dish. And I hope you guys do too! Let me know what you think and Enjoy!
I hope you guys are having an awesome week! I have been taking it a little slow the past 2 weeks (I blame YOU allergies), but starting to feel a bit better and ready to throw a bunch of new recipes at you guys! Watch out – the rest of April is going to be exciting!!!
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account for some behind-the-scenes action (I am usually embarassing myself in the stories…) yay….. Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower, Kale and Shrimp Pasta + Brown Butter
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner/Entree
- Method: Stove Top + Oven
- Cuisine: American
Easy enough for a weeknight meal, but delicious enough for a weekend dinner party!
- 16 oz fettuccine pasta (gluten-free works! I love the Jovial brand)
- 12 large pre-cooked shrimp
- 1 large head of cauliflower (or two small)
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- olive oil
- 1/2 stick salted butter
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- To prepare your cauliflower, cut off the base/core and then I just started slicing like a loaf of bread. The florets will start to fall apart and simply cut up any pieces that are particularly big.
- Take a foil-lined baking sheet and spread out the cauliflower.
- Drizzle with a fair amount of olive oil (think a couple tablespoons) until well-coated, sprinkle with salt and then sprinkle a fair amount of turmeric (again, just make sure every piece is well-coated).
- Place in oven, middle rack, and roast for 30 minutes.
- Take another foil-lined baking sheet and place kale on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and massage into the leaves; sprinkle with some salt.
- Place shrimp on the same baking sheet – it is fine if they overlap a bit, the kale will cook down significantly. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and olive oil as well.
- Set aside.
- Ensure you have a large pasta pot of water ready and waiting.
- After 20 minutes of the cauliflower roasting, take it out and give it a mix up and return to oven.
- Also place the kale/shrimp pan in the oven, it can go on the bottom rack.
- Add pasta to the pot and cook until al dente, per package instructions.
- Once pasta is done, drain and return to pan.
- Drizzle with about 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss.
- Add tomatoes and cover.
- Then remove cauliflower, kale and shrimp from oven.
- Add to pasta pot and mix very well with a pair of tongs; cover but remove from direct heat,
- In a small skillet, brown your butter by allowing it to simmer until it turns a brown color and it has a very strong nutty smell.
- Pour brown butter over pasta.
- (Note: if you are feeling lost and don’t know how or can’t handle the brown butter…. adding just some melted butter will most likely be just fine!)
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- Feel free to garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
I liked this recipe. If I made it again I would toss the kale in fresh chopped garlic before baking. I went pretty heavy on the turmeric on the cauliflower and turned everything pretty yellow. I think next time I would add a little onion powder to the cauliflower with the turmeric, and sprinkle on just 1 tablespoon of turmeric.
Sounds scrumptious! Bet it would go over well in Montana!!
I bet it would too!! ?