Our delicious and easy Sheet Pan Gnocchi is a sheet pan dinner that is packed with flavor and made with real, simple ingredients! The whole family is going to love this easy dinner on those hectic weeknights!
The Best Sheet Pan Gnocchi Recipe
We love a good sheet-pan dinner as much as anyone and we promise that this sheet pan meal is really going to deliver on flavor! This weeknight meal is made up of chicken breasts, broccolini, mushrooms, parmesan cheese, and pesto sauce.
However, you could easy swap out some of the fresh veggies or the protein if you prefer. Plus, the baked gnocchi cooks right in the oven and doesn’t need to be boiled ahead of time. So simple and quite possibly the easiest weeknight meal!
Looking for more easy sheet pan meals? You have to try our Sheet Pan Sausage & Veggies!
What You Will Need
- fresh broccolini & mushrooms – delicious fresh vegetables that really compliment the chicken and pesto sauce!
- potato gnocchi – we went to the grocery store and picked up some store-bought gnocchi, but if you have the time you could make homemade gnocchi.
- olive oil – just a little bit to drizzle over everything on the pan.
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – simple seasonings that are always needed when cooking any cut of meat.
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts – a lean meat that cooks quickly, but can be swapped out with boneless, skinless chicken thighs or sweet Italian sausage.
- parmesan cheese – a sprinkling cheese on top is always a good idea!
- pesto – again, you can keep it simple with store-bought pesto or follow our super easy recipe to make homemade pesto sauce.
Place the 1-inch chicken cubes, gnocchi, and broccolini on a large rimmed baking sheet in a single layer. Option to place a piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil down first. Drizzle a little olive oil over everything and toss to coat. For best result, really rub the oil into every little bit of the broccolini. Now sprinkle salt and pepper over everything and bake at 425 degrees F for 13-15 minutes.
Remove the sheet pan from the oven, add the sliced mushrooms in an even layer and then some parmesan cheese.
Return to the entire meal to the oven for another 5 minutes of cooking time.
Best Ways To Serve Sheet Pan Gnocchi
We highly recommend following the recipe card to serve after tossing in pesto sauce and a generous helping of freshly grated parmesan cheese! If you are looking for a side dish to serve with this easy meal, we recommend some grilled bread, a small side salad, or more roasted vegetables.
- Protein: we love using chicken breasts, but they could easily be swapped out for chicken thighs, chicken sausage, or shrimp! You just might need to adjust the cook times.
- Vegetables: we love the broccolini and mushrooms, but you could also use fresh broccoli florets, red bell peppers, red onions, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, green beans, or some of your other favorite veggies!
- Gnocchi: there are a variety of different types of gnocchi you could use – homemade potato gnocchi, gluten-free gnocchi, cauliflower gnocchi, etc.
- Optional seasonings: we kept the seasoning pretty simple, but you could also add Italian seasoning, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, or fresh basil!
- Can I bake gnocchi without boiling first: absolutely! Simply remove the gnocchi from the packaging and place it right on the cookie sheet to bake. No need to boil first!
Made this classic french onion soup recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Sheet Pan Gnocchi – a delicious and easy sheet pan dinner that is packed with flavor and ready in under 30 minutes!
- 6–10oz broccolini
- 16oz gnocchi
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1–2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 pint mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded (more if desired)
- 1/2 cup pesto
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place gnocchi, broccolini and chicken on a baking sheet. Ensure chicken is cut into 1 inch sized pieces or smaller. Feel free to lay parchment paper down first, if you prefer.
- Drizzle everything with olive oil and then season with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Make sure you really toss and coat the gnocchi and broccolini (massage the oil into every nook and cranny of the broccolini).
- Place in the oven, middle rack. Let cook 13-15 minutes. Remove from oven and add mushrooms and sprinkle everything with parmesan cheese. You can also break up any pieces of chicken that have started to cook together. Place back in the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove and let cool slightly. Serve with additional parmesan cheese and pesto.
- Serving Size: 6oz
- Calories: 356
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 775.3 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.2 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Cholesterol: 57.6 mg
Keywords: sheet pan gnocchi