Simple Mother’s Day Breakfast Toast – a quick, easy, yet elegant breakfast for your Mother’s Day brunch!
I know we just got done with Cinco de Mayo, but you guys, it is Mother’s Day this Sunday! What are your plans – what are you cooking?
If you are looking for complete simplicity, but still want something a little better than almond butter toast, then I would HIGHLY recommend this little combo. We have some potato toast (feel free to use sweet potatoes if you want!), topped with some avo (of course, I eat it every day twice a day), smoked salmon or lox (just check those ingredients!), some greens and then a poached egg. So many different flavors coming together with a perfectly runny egg. It’s colorful, healthy and delicious – what more could Mom want?
And, of course, it doesn’t have to be Mother’s Day to enjoy this! I will take this any morning for breakfast!!! Perfect for when guests are over or brunch – you could build-your-own-toast?! That sounds amazing! Anyway, point is, this is delicious and you should make it anytime you want, but especially on Mother’s Day!
Oh, and if you need a little assist on poaching eggs, I have a tutorial right here!!
A quick, easy, yet elegant breakfast for your Mother’s Day brunch!
- (2) 1/2 or 3/4 inch slices of russet potato (feel free to use sweet potatoes)
- 1/2 avocado, cut into 6 slices
- 4–6 pieces of smokes salmon or lox (check ingredients if you want Whole30)
- micro-greens or some mixed greens
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Take 2 slices of potato and ensure both sides are coated with olive or avocado oil.
- Place on lined cookie sheet and sprinkle top generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove and flip over, sprinkling the other side with salt and pepper.
- Bake for an additional 5 minutes and then test with a fork; depending on how thick the slice is, it may need an additional 5 minutes. Keep checking until you can easily pierce with fork.
- Place potato toast on a plate, top with avocado, salmon and greens.
- Poach 2 eggs and place on top.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper (or any other seasoning you desire).
- Serve immediately.
Thank you so much for reading & supporting The Wooden Skillet! This post contains affiliate links for products I actually use in my own home and personally recommend. Should you make a purchase using one of these links, The Wooden Skillet will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to bring you great original content. Thank you!