Vegan Blackberry Cheesecake Jars – a light and delicious dairy-free/vegan holiday dessert!
This post is sponsored by The Feed Feed and Driscoll’s®, but the opinions are my own.
These Vegan Blackberry Cheesecake Jars are the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving or holiday menu!!
As someone who is allergic to dairy (as more and more people seem to be these days), I always appreciate a dairy-free option at our Thanksgiving dinner! Last year I made this yummy Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie, but sometimes it nice to have a vegan option (and non-pumpkin option!) as well!
So this year I am bringing you these Vegan Blackberry Cheesecake Jars which are so cute and delicious – your dinner guests will love them!!! Made with Driscoll’s perfectly chosen blackberries and raspberries, these little jars are light, not-too-sweet with a creamy vegan cheesecake filling settled in between some grain-free granola “crust” and some blackberry-raspberry compote. It is heaven in a jar!
What I always appreciate about Driscoll’s blackberries and raspberries (and all their berries) is their attention to detail. They spend so much time selectively breeding the most perfect berries and following the sun, so I know that every little package I bring home will be the best quality! As a food photographer (and devoted home-cook!) I so appreciate that!!
And – exciting news! – Driscoll’s is running a #BerryTogether sweepstakes!! Share your “berry moment” on Twitter or Instagram (be sure to use the hashtags #BerryTogether #Sweepstakes and tag @DriscollsBerry). Sweepstakes begins 10/25/18 at 9:00:00 a.m. PT and ends on 12/28/18 at 3:00 p.m. PT. (Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (19 in NE and AL)). Prize is (1): a KitchenAid® Artisan Stand Mixer, a Williams Sonoma Stoneware Pie Dish, Set of 3, and Berries for a Year!!! How awesome is that! So start posting your #BerryTogether moments!!! And …. don’t forget to save this recipe and wow your Thanksgiving dinner guests!!!
And …. don’t forget to save this recipe and wow your Thanksgiving dinner guests!!!
And if you love a good vegan/dairy-free cheesecake – don’t forget to save/pin these Baked Vegan Egg Nog Cheesecake Bites!!!
- 1 1/2-2 cups grain-free granola
- 5 dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- Cheesecake filling:
- 1 cup cashews (soaked overnight)and then drain
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon real maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Blackberry-Raspberry Compote:
- 1 1/2 cup Driscoll’s blackberries
- 3/4 cup Driscoll’s raspberries
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 3 Tablespoons real maple syrup
- 2 Teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Add Blackberry-Raspberry Compote ingredients to small sauce pan and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Allow to simmer on low for approximately 10 minutes, or until it begins to reduce.
- Once it has reduced and thickened, remove from heat to let cool and it will become even thicker as it cools.
- Meanwhile, combine granola and dates in mixing bowl and use your hands to combine. You can also place them in a food processor to initially start to combine them, but you will ultimately need to finish combining them with your hands.
- Take the Cheesecake Filling ingredients and place in high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until it has reached a creamy, smooth consistency.
- If you are achieving a smooth consistency, add additional coconut milk 1 Tablespoon at a time and then blend some more, scraping down sides as you go.
- Taste and add additional lemon juice or maple syrup, as desired.
- Take small 3oz jars and place Crust at the bottom, then add Cheesecake Filling and top with Blackberry Raspberry Compote.
- Garnish with additional fresh Driscoll’s blackberries and raspberries.
- Serve immediately or prep ahead of time and keep in refrigerator overnight.
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting all things The Wooden Skillet.