Delicious Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie – a perfectly delicious Thanksgiving pumpkin pie with no dairy added!
Best Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe
If you guys are looking for a pumpkin pie recipe that is does NOT have dairy in the ingredient list, I am with you. This pie is so delicious and belongs on your Thanksgiving dessert menu – so grab your favorite pie dish and lets get cooking!
Thanksgiving might be my favorite Holiday and the pumpkin pie is one of the best parts of the meal (I mean, other than my mom’s famous stuffing) – so I am beyond excited to bring you this absolutely delicious Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie that tastes just like traditional pumpkin pie! And, if you are loving this recipe you need to also try these Pumpkin Pie Bars (also dairy-free).
Quick Note on the Crust
You have a couple options when it comes to what crust you want to use. You can use:
- Store-bought: and I totally will not judge you! It is an easy step to eliminate! Here is a great round-up of the best store-bought pie crusts!
- Oil-Based Pastry Crust (Dairy-Free): This is my mom’s recipe that she has made about a million times. Easy and simple and is mix of flour, salt, oil and cold water.
- Gluten-Free Pie Crust: This is a great pie crust recipe that works beautifully in this recipe! This recipe is combo of vegan butter, gluten-free flour, salt, baking powder, xantham gum, egg whites and almond milk.
What You Will Need
- eggs: the egg is really what helps determine how thick or custard-like the cooked pumpkin pie filling becomes.
- pumpkin puree: I prefer to use store-bought pumpkin puree for this recipe, but I do have a homemade pumpkin puree on the site as well that is made with fresh pumpkin.
- dairy-free sweetened condensed coconut milk: I love this stuff! While a lot of dairy free pumpkin pies use almond milk or full-fat coconut milk we are keeping it simple by using this little product. I also use it in these Seven Layer Bars!
- vanilla extract: love the flavor this adds!
- real maple syrup: these adds a bit more sweetness – feel free to sub in some brown sugar instead if you prefer.
- pumpkin pie spice: use store-bought or we have a homemade pumpkin pie spice on the site too – love the taste of those classic flavors of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger.
- crust/pie crust dough: again you can use one of the options on the site or simply grab one from the store! You can use frozen pie crust too!
Recipe FAQs + Tips
- Dairy-Free Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk: here what I used in this recipe.
- Make-Ahead: This is a great item to make ahead of time for Thanksgiving – make up to 3 days before – simply store in the refrigerator.
- Topping: Top with a dairy-free whipped “cream” like this one.
How to Make Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie
Combine your dairy-free pumpkin pie filling ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
I used this dairy-free sweetened condensed milk and it works SO well!
Pour out your pie filling into your crust (no, you don’t need to pre-cook your crust!).
Bake and let cool! Love that golden brown color!
I love serving with dairy-free whipped cream.
Other Dairy-Free Thanksgiving Recipes
- Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pudding
- Dairy-Free Green Bean Casserole
- Dairy-Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Melon + Basil
- Dairy-Free Cornbread
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Don’t forget to check out my Instagram account – Or give me a follow on Facebook or see what I am pinning on Pinterest!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!Print
Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 1 pie 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Delicious Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie – A perfectly delicious Thanksgiving pumpkin pie with no dairy added!
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 3 large eggs
- 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 11.25 ounce can dairy-free sweetened condensed coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt
- (optional) 1-2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- store-bought of your choice
- Homemade Dairy-Free Crust (dairy-free)
- Homemade Gluten-Free/Dairy-Free Crust
- Preheat: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Eggs: Add eggs to large bowl; whisk.
- Other Ingredients: Add pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, pumpkin spice, salt and maple syrup (if using); Stir to combine.
- Pour: Pour pumpkin pie filling mixture into pie crust; use spatula to spread evenly.
- Bake: Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes.
- Cool: Let cool completely on a wire rack before serving (store in the refrigerator overnight to really let it cool and thicken).
- Serve: serve with dairy-free whipped cream.
- Dairy-Free Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk: here what I used in this recipe. Make sure you use the 11.25oz size can.
- Maple Syrup: it is delicious without adding maple syrup, but if you want a little extra sweetness feel free to add a tablespoon or two.
- Let cool completely: Make sure you let your pie cool completely before serving and store in the refrigerator overnight for best results.
- Make-Ahead: This is a great item to make ahead of time for Thanksgiving – make up to 3 days before – simply store in the refrigerator (cover with aluminum foil). Let come to room temperature for serving if you want.
- Topping: Top with a dairy-free whipped “cream” like this one.
Keywords: dairy free pumpkin pie
Originally published November 21, 2017.
Simply the best GF pumpkin pie!
Thanks, Robin!! And thank you for coming back to leave a review and rating – I so appreciate it!
This was a great and easy Thanksgiving pie, especially with my own homemade graham cracker crust. For me, it definitely needed the 2 tablespoons of maple syrup for sweetness. I also feel like it needed more pumpkin pie spice. I would probably try a full tablespoon next time overall it was my favorite pie that I made this Thanksgiving so thank you. And I loved trying that coconut condensed cream for the first time. Genius.
Made this last night for Christmas and it turned out really great! very simple, making the pie crust was harder. I used a different recipe for the crust (was out of vegetable oil!) so next time I’ll try using the recipe you list and hope it’ll be better.
I made this for Thanksgiving and it was such a hit! No one could tell that it was dairy free! Will definitely make again.
So glad everyone enjoyed it, Jennifer! And thank you so much for leaving a review + feedback – I really appreciate it!
Gluten free, dairy free and our favorite pumpkin! I just follow the directions and my family thinks I am the best baker! Love this recipe! Perfect!
So glad you enjoyed it!!
This is an amazing pie. I am dairy free and it tastes just like the original ! Love it ! Would recommend it to anyone !
This pumpkin pie was perfect. It came together so easily as well. The whole family enjoyed this pie. I cooked it in an allergy friendly crust too.
So happy to hear that, Faith!! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback – I really appreciate it!
This was absolutely delicious! I was worried about not pre-cooking the crust but it worked out wonderfully! My only issue was with the coconut! I had to buy a different brand and this recipe required two of those cans(they are smaller), and one of my cans was very solidified and was difficult to mix up, leading to some small chunks in my pie! Not sure if I could’ve blended them away or what the issue was there, if only I could find the recommended brand! This pie was delicious and me and my dairy free sister will make it for years to come!
Thank you so much, Julia! So glad you enjoyed it and hopefully next year you can get your hands on the brand I recommended 🙂 Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback – I so appreciate it!
This was amazing! So delicious my husband even loved it.
yay!!! So glad you all enjoyed it 🙂 Thank you so much for the feedback!
Kathy Palahnuk says
This pie was so creamy and delicious no one even knew it was dairy free! This will definitely be on my table each thanksgiving
yay!! That is amazing to hear, Kathy!! Thank you so much for your feedback 🙂
So quick and easy! Toddler approved and no one could tell it was non-dairy. Will definitely make this again!
So happy to hear that, Brian! Thanks so much for the feedback – I really appreciate it!
This was amazing! I normally don’t like pumpkin pie but this recipe changed everything! Was a total crowd pleasers!
So glad to everyone liked it!! I know I look forward to making it every year 🙂 Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your feedback – I really appreciate it!
This pie was so delicious. Directions were clear. Easy to make and it was a hit at dinner. Thank you, Erin
So great to hear, Rebecca! Glad you all enjoyed it! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave feedback – it is so appreciated!
This was the best pumpkin pie that I’ve made! I didn’t use the condensed milk- I used the same brand but evaporated milk and didn’t add any sugars! So delicious!! Looking forward to making another recipe of yours!
yay! That is awesome to hear, Gail! Thanks for taking the time to leave a review – I really appreciate it!
Jennifer Horta says
This is by far the best pumpkin pie I have had. So easy to make and so delicious.
So happy to hear that, Jennifer! And thank you for leaving your feedback, it is so appreciated!
This is an absolutely amazing pumpkin pie recipe a must make for any holiday. I have a brother with a dairy allergy and this is the perfect pie for him but also no one else at the table knew that it was dairy free. It’s so good I even had a piece for breakfast the next day!😁
Yay!!! I love it when people can’t even tell it is dairy-free! That’s awesome :). So glad you all enjoyed it – and thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. It is so appreciated!