Our Smoked Salmon Dip recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser thanks to a handful of simple ingredients and for the fact that it’s ready to enjoy in under 10 minutes! Serve this up as a appetizer at your next summertime gathering and let the compliments roll in.
The Best Smoked Salmon Dip Recipe
Something magical happens when you combine smoked salmon, light sour cream, and fresh herbs to create this delicious dip and/or spread. Enjoy this easy smoked salmon dip as a perfect snack or as an appetizer for a special occasion. No matter how you serve it, the flavor combinations in this recipe just beg to be slathered on a chip or veggie.
Love a good dip – try our Homemade French Onion Dip!!
What You Will Need
- smoked salmon -We love having this homemade smoked salmon recipe (made with a flavorful smoked salmon brine) on hand to use for appetizers, to add to a breakfast sandwich, or to serve with cheese and crackers.
- cream cheese – Be sure to let your full fat cream cheese sit out for 30 – 60 minutes in order to bring it to room temperature. This helps to make the mixing process a bit easier.
- mayo – The perfect creamy base to this delicious dip. Bring flavors to the next level by whipping up our simple homemade whole30 mayo recipe.
- sour cream – Adds a lighter, creamy texture throughout.
- lemon juice & zest – Just a bit to add bursts of freshness throughout.
- kosher salt & ground black pepper – Kitchen staples that elevate any recipe.
- fresh dill – Adds a bit of subtle sweetness and citrus flavors for the best flavor.
- fresh chives – Brings a mild onion flavor.
- capers – Enjoy the bold and briny flavor of this little savory bud.
- scallions – A sharp and spicy flavor to even out the creamy flavors.
- English cucumbers – Serve these sliced for the perfect vessel for your dip.
- crostini – We love the crunch of these, but any cracker will do.
- lemon – Adjust the citrus flavor to your liking.
How To Make Smoked Salmon Dip
Start by preparing and measuring all of your ingredients. Be sure to leave your cream cheese out for 30-60 minutes to allow it to come to room temperature.
Next, place all of the fresh ingredients into a medium bowl and gently combine with a spoon or spatula. Before serving, be sure to give it a taste and adjust any of the seasonings to your liking. And now go on and enjoy it!
What To Serve With Smoked Salmon Dip
Now for the fun part! For the most refreshing bite, serve this dip with cucumber slices. And for those who like it crunchy, be sure to offer some savory crostini crackers or bagel chips. And we always like to set out a few fresh lemon wedges for guests to adjust the citrus level to their liking. And if you or your loved ones like it hot, offer up some hot sauce to add a kick of flavor.
For easy snacking, place a variety of crackers and veggies on a platter with the dip in the middle. And get creative here! You could always use this dip as a spread on your favorite bagel or with baguette slices.
- Dairy-Free: Make this recipe dairy-free by using dairy-free cream cheese and sour cream.
- Gluten-Free: Make this recipe gluten-free by serving with cucumber and gluten-free bread/crostini.
- Storage: On the off chance that you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- Nutrition: Scroll down to the bottom of the recipe card for the full nutritional information, which is for the dip only.
Made this salmon cream cheese dip and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Smoked Salmon Dip – the BEST smoked salmon dip recipe made with homemade smoked salmon! Perfect for a cookout or get together!
- 1 1/2 cups smoked salmon, flaked
- 4oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1–2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons scallions, sliced
- for serving: sliced English cucumber, crostini, lemon wedges
- Combine ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Taste and adjust any seasoning or flavors, as desired.
- Serve with sliced English cucumbers and/or crostini! Grilled bread would also be delicious!
- Smoked Salmon: we recommend using our Smoked Salmon recipe for this dip, but feel free to use store-bought if that works better for you! It will turn out great either way!
- Storage: store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
- Dairy-Free: feel free to use dairy-free cream cheese and sour cream to make this dairy-free.
- Gluten-Free: serve with cucumber and gluten-free bread/crostini.
- Nutrition: Nutrition information is for the dip only.
- Serving Size: 2 Tbs
- Calories: 182
- Sugar: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 169.3 mg
- Fat: 13.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Protein: 13.9 g
- Cholesterol: 51.1 mg
Keywords: smoked salmon dip, smoked salmon dip recipe, how to make smoked salmon dip