Vibrant Salmon Power Bowl + Veggies and Avocado – a quick and easy meal that will help keep you healthy and energized!
Salmon Power Bowl
I don’t know about you guys, but I am pretty much always looking for new dinner ideas. Specifically, dinner ideas that are both healthy and that taste good. Really good. Enter: Salmon Power Bowl. It is everything you have ever wanted in your dinner (or lunch for that matter). It is super easy and look at it! That pop of purple and the red pepper and deep green broccoli…. It’s gorgeous! And hey, you are what you eat ….. so…..
This is going to end up being your go-to meal when you start to not feel so hot or you just got back from a bachelor(ette) party and need to detox your bod for a bit….. yup. This is it. There are only 9 ingredients in this whole bowl and all of them are good for you:
- Red Pepper
- Purple Cabbage
- Wild Rice
- Olive Oil
Seriously. That’s it. It is just one big bowl of goodness and it is callin your name.
Did I mention that it is all cooked on one sheet pan (except the wild rice of course)? So easy.
Alright, go put salmon on your grocery list, and the rest of these delicious ingredients, and enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Other Recipes You Might LikePrint
Vibrant Salmon Power Bowl
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Vibrant Salmon Power Bowl + Veggies and Avocado – a nutrient-packed meal that can be cooked on one sheet pan – perfect for weeknight dinner!
- (2) 4-6 ounces of salmon
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Olive oil
- 2 cups roughly chopped purple cabbage (tightly packed or almost 3 cups loosely packed)
- 2 cups broccoli (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 red pepper (cut into slices)
- 1 avocado, roughly mashed
- long grain wild rice, cooked per package instructions (you will need about 1 1/2 cups per person)
- *you could also use brown rice if you wanted
- Wild rice usually takes a good 45 minutes or so to cook, so plan accordingly or make it ahead of time!
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Take your salmon steaks (leave the skin on) and rub each with about a tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with about a teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Place 1/2 Tablespoon of butter in the middle of each.
- Place both steaks on a foil-lined baking sheet, but make sure they are both off to once side as you will be placing your vegetables on the same sheet.
- Take your veggies and place in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle about 1-2 Tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle with 1-2 Teaspoons kosher salt; Toss.’
- You are going to want to bake/roast your veggies on the same baking sheet, but they only need be in for about 6 minutes. So, if you have thicker salmon, take the salmon out half way and add the veggies and toss back in the oven. If you have thinner salmon, put the veggies in right away.
- Place salmon in the oven and bake for 4-6 minutes per 1/2 inch thickness.
- If you feel like they salmon still needs a little bake time, put in under the broiler for 2-3 minutes (with the veggies too).
- To serve, place your desired amount of wild rice in a shallow bowl.
- Place salmon and veggies on top of wild rice.
- Take avocado and place on top of your salmon and/or veggies.
- Sprinkle with a little kosher salt.
Leave a Rating & Comment