30 Minute Creamy Lemon Caper Salmon Skillet – a quick and delicious weeknight meal!! (Whole30/Paleo/Dairy-Free)
This is going to be one you will put in your weeknight rotation!
This recipe has been on my “to-do” list for almost a year!! And I honestly couldn’t decide whether I should use cod (which I think would also work really well!) or salmon. I knew this sauce would be amazing because I accidentally made something similar to it when was testing another recipe last holiday season, I just didn’t know how it would all come together.
It was amazing.
My husband and I were literally eating out of the skillet as soon as this photo shoot was done. He actually had to double check – “wait, this is Whole30?”
Yes! And dairy-free! But SO good!
I cannot wait for you guys to make this one! It will work on a weeknight if you have 30 minutes – it is kid-friendly and definitely make enough for leftovers!!
A couple quick notes about the recipe – I would recommend using a cast iron skillet for this (or some other oven-proof skillet) and I would also recommend using the Thai Kitchen organic coconut milk – I have just had the best luck with that kind. It has the best texture!
- Approx. 1.5 – 2lbs fresh salmon (this recipe works really well with thick pieces)
- 1 can organic Thai kitchen coconut milk (you can use any kind, but this is the brand/variety that I like the best) – ensure you fully combine coconut milk with immersion blender before use.
- 3 Tablespoons ghee
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tablespoons capers (check ingredients if Whole30)
- 3 slices fresh lemon, halved
- 3 sprigs fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, ghee, shallots, salt, pepper, lemon zest and capers.
- Bring to simmer, mixing to ensure ghee is melted.
- Cut salmon into wide strips and sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- In large cast iron skillet (or other oven-proof skillet) place salmon skin-side down.
- Pour sauce around salmon and add dill and fresh lemon slices,
- Cover and let simmer 5 minutes.
- Uncover and use a spoon to baste the salmon with the simmering sauce.
- Place in oven and let cook 20 minutes (uncovered).
- Baste again after 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve immediately – serve with sauce!
This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting The Wooden Skillet!