This Air Fryer Asparagus recipe truly couldn’t get any easier. And when you can make a vegetable quickly taste good with minimal ingredients, you know it’s a winner. Follow along as we turn the classic asparagus into a family favorite.
Best Ever Air Fryer Asparagus
Asparagus might not be top of mind when picking a quick vegetable for dinner. It usually requires a hot oven and more time than you’re willing to spend on a side dish. Which is why we’re so excited about using the air fryer on this vitamin packed vegetable! With eight minutes and minimal ingredients, you’ll have perfectly cooked asparagus to serve with your grilled steak or to add to your favorite summer salad.
Air Fryer Asparagus Ingredients
- fresh asparagus – select a bunch with similar sized spears and fresh looking tips for even cooking and those subtle flavors that we know and love.
- olive oil – a simple ingredient that’s sure to add just the right amount of flavor.
- ground black pepper – a little bit goes a long way to add a little kick.
- kosher salt – a simple seasoning that is perfect on asparagus.
- lemon zest – the tart and sweet lemon flavors are a wonderful compliment to the earthy tones of asparagus.
- parmesan cheese – this is a no brainer because cheese makes everything better, right?
What Type of Air Fryer Should I Use
Which ever model you have will work perfectly. If you’re using an air fryer oven model, we recommend a shorter cook time of 6-7 minutes compared to 7-9 minutes for a basket model.
How Long will Air Fried Asparagus Last in the Fridge
These are best enjoyed right out of the air fryer, but they will last for up to 3 days in an air tight container in the fridge.
How to Cook Asparagus in an Air Fryer
Trim the tough ends of the asparagus stalks and discard.
Cut enough of the ends off so that there are no longer any woody looking sections of the asparagus.
Place the asparagus on a plate or cutting board and drizzle with oil, using your hands to ensure every bit is covered.
Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper. Transfer to your air fryer basket or tray and sprinkle with lemon zest and parmesan cheese.
Let cook for 6-9 minutes depending on your air fryer model.
Remove from your air fryer and enjoy immediately.
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Air Fryer Asparagus – an easy, fast and delicious air fryer asparagus recipe that is the perfect side dish for any meal!
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1–2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2–3 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Trim the tough ends off the asparagus stalks; discard.
- Place asparagus on a plate and drizzle with olive oil; use hands to coat the asparagus making sure every inch is covered.
- Sprinkle with pepper and kosher salt; toss again.
- Place asparagus in basket or tray and sprinkle with lemon zest and parmesan cheese.
- Let cook 6-9 minutes (see Notes).
- Remove and serve immediately.
- Air Fryer Model: if you are using an air fryer oven model I would recommend the shorter cook time of 6-7 minutes; if you are using a basket model then I would recommend 7-9 minute cook time.
- Dairy-Free: to make this dairy-free simply omit the parmesan cheese or use a dairy-free substitute.
Keywords: air fryer asparagus