Almond Flour Brownies are gooey, delicious and everything a brownie should be!!
Best Ever Almond Flour Brownies
I love making brownies (or cookies) for my kiddos after school on Friday … a little sweet treat to end the week on and these have been a hit lately! Made with simple, real ingredients, but also indulgent and delicious!
Why This Recipe Works
- Almond Flour + Cassava Flour: I love combining these two flours – they come together to form a really great consistency!
- Butter: because these are still brownies!!
- Chocolate x 2: we are using pure cocoa powder + semi-sweet chocolate chips to create tons of chocolate goodness!
What You Will Need
- Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Almond Flour + Bob’s Red Mill Cassava Flour: I love using these two flours together so things don’t get grainy in texture.
- coconut sugar: this natural sweetener makes these brownies just sweet enough!
- cocoa powder: we use pure cocoa powder to make these packed with chocolate flavor.
- kosher salt: adding a bit of salt helps accentuate all the flavors, especially the chocolate.
- baking powder: the baking powder helps make the brownies rise a bit so they are flat and dull.
- ground coffee (optional): you don’t HAVE to add this, but coffee is such a beautiful partner to coffee (you can’t actually taste coffee flavor in the brownies).
- butter: makes the brownies gooey and delicious. Feel free to sub in a plant-based butter if you want.
- unsweetened almond milk: this just adds a bit of liquid so the batter doesn’t get dry.
- vanilla extract: a touch of vanilla always seems to make baked goods better!
- eggs: this is our binder that holds everything together.
- semi-sweet chocolate chips: more chocolate! These are baked right into the brownies so they melt and get gooey and wonderful after baking.
- (optional) sea salt: feel free to sprinkle a little sea salt on top before serving!
How to Make Almond Flour Brownies
Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
Whisk to combine – ensuring all of the clumps are gone!
Melt some butter and add to another mixing bowl.
Add in almond milk, vanilla and eggs.
Whisk to combine.
Add your dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir to combine. If you feel like your batter is too dry just add an extra tablespoon of almond milk and stir.
Fold in chocolate chips (to make extra gooey feel free to add more chocolate chips!).
Pour into prepared baking pan and sprinkle more chocolate chips on top.
Bake on middle rack and then remove – let cool before cutting.
Sprinkle with a little sea salt if you want!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Almond Flour Brownies – a decadent and delicious recipe for almond flour brownies that is ready in no time! So good!
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Super Fine Almond Flour
- 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill Cassava Flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coffee (optional)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (or more) semi-sweet chocolate chips (more for topping, if desired)
- (optional) sea salt for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray 9×9 pan with olive oil or nonstick of your choice.
- In medium bowl combine almond flour, cassava flour, coconut sugar, cocoa powder, kosher salt, baking powder and coffee grounds. Whisk to combine ensuring all clumps are broken up. Set aside.
- In another medium mixing bowl add the melted butter, almond milk and vanilla extract; stir to combine.
- Add in the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips. If you feel the consistency is too dry simply add in another tablespoon of almond milk and stir to combine.
- Pour into baking pan and spread out evenly with spatula. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, middle rack.
- Remove and let cool before serving.
- Dairy-Free: you can substitute plant-based butter and use dairy-free chocolate chips to make this dairy-free.
Keywords: almond flour brownies