These Blackened Salmon Tacos are made with perfectly, crisp blackened salmon, shredded purple cabbage, diced avocado, fresh cilantro, and the most amazing cilantro lime crema. This will be your new favorite for your next Taco Tuesday!
Blackened Salmon Tacos With Cilantro Lime Crema
The blackened spice combination we use on the salmon is next level – so much flavor without a lot of heat. Of course, you have they option to crank the spice up the notch if you want! When you combine this crisp and flavorful salmon with cool toppings like purple cabbage, avocado, fresh cilantro, and cilantro lime crema – it’s pure magic!
What You Will Need
- blackened seasoning – simply mix together the most amazing combination of spices – feel free to make it more or less spicy depending on your preferences.
- cilantro lime crema – this is a MUST – it is the perfect topping for these tacos.
- salmon fillets, skin-on – option to make them on the stove top or grill!
- street taco tortillas – any taco tortillas would work – flour, corn, gluten-free, etc.
- purple cabbage – you can shred this yourself or, for extra ease, you can buy it already shredded.
- avocado & fresh cilantro – everything is better with some avocado & fresh cilantro on top!
Best Way To Cook The Blackened Salmon For Tacos
We love to either cook the salmon in a cast iron skillet on the stove top or on the grill. Either way is simple and delicious! To learn more about making blackened salmon on the stove top you can checkout our post on Blackened Salmon. And if you prefer using the grill, take a look at our tutorial on How to Grill Salmon.
How To Make Blackened Salmon Tacos
You will want to begin by mixing up your cilantro lime crema.
Then, generously season the salmon fillets and drizzle with olive oil.
Next, cook the fillets in a skillet or on the grill.
Once the salmon is done, place it in a tortilla, and top any way you like!
Love blackened salmon – try our Blackened Salmon Rice Bowls!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Blackened Salmon Tacos – a delicious and easy blackened salmon taco recipe with cilantro lime crema! Easy weeknight dinner!
- 2–3 6oz salmon fillets, skin-on
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper*
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Cilantro Lime Crema:
- 1 batch of cilantro lime crema
- street taco tortillas
- purple cabbage
- avocado, diced
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine the Cilantro Lime Crema ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pat salmon dry with clean paper towel.
- Combine blackened seasoning: paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, chipotle pepper, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Rub salmon all over with blackened seasoning.
- Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil over seasoned salmon; rub into salmon.
- Bring a large cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil; swirl to coat the pan.
- Sear salmon (skin-side up) for approx. 1-3 minutes (or until there is a good char).
- Flip salmon over so skin side is down and place in the oven (middle rack and uncovered).
- Let cook 10-14 minutes or until fully cooked (it should flake apart easily with a fork).*
- Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Flake apart into chunks to be used in tacos.
- Build your tacos by taking your tortillas and adding some purple cabbage, avocado, salmon and then the cilantro lime crema and fresh cilantro.
- *Cayenne Pepper: feel free to omit if you don’t want it spicy or increase if you want it more spicy.
- Grilled Salmon: you can grill your salmon if you prefer – here is our tutorial on How to Grill Salmon.
Keywords: blackened salmon tacos