Steak Tacos are a delicious weeknight dinner that your entire family will love! This steak taco recipe is packed with flavor!
THIS POST IS SPONSORED BY:
This post is sponsored by Country Natural Beef, the opinions are my own.
Best Steak Taco Recipe
The best steak tacos start with the highest quality meat, which is why I am so excited to be partnering with Country Natural Beef on this post!
Country Natural Beef is 100% owned by family ranchers and is G.A.P. Step 4 Animal Welfare Certified which means that their animals are pasture-raised, fed a vegetarian diet, provided a safe and enriched environment and never receive antibiotics or added hormones. They also happen to be a Whole30-Approved partner! And I have to say, this is honestly the best beef I have ever tasted. You truly can tell the difference and I am so proud to be partnering with them today!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Family-Friendly: the kiddos will love this recipe just as much as you!
- Steak Rub: this recipe starts with an amazing steak rub that adds just a little extra flavor to this recipe! Feel free to use it on any steak!
- Mexican Sweet Corn: that burst of sweetness and feta cheese (dairy-free works just as well!) really bring this recipe to the next level!
Best Cut of Beef for Steak Tacos
You can really make any cut of beef work for steak tacos, but we love this top sirloin as well as a good skirt steak or even NY Strip!
Steak Taco Marinade
How to Season Steak for Steak Tacos
You can either stick with your classic salt and pepper or our steak dry rub (included in the recipe card below) is a great way to add just a little extra flavor!
How to Cook Steak for Steak Tacos
We preferred grilled because it is quick and easy (and that extra char on the steak just elevates the dish), but feel free to pan-fry the steak as well! Check out this guide to grilling the perfect steak for more tips!
How to Make Steak Tacos
Step One: using high-quality meat is always a great place to start for any dish.
Step Two: Pat dry with clean paper towel.
Step Three: combine your Steak Dry Rub ingredients.
Step Four: rub the dry rub all over the steak (you can use a little or a lot, depending upon your preference).
Step Five: grill your steaks over direct, high heat for 3-4 minutes per side and then move to indirect heat until they have reached your desired internal temp.
Step Six: Remove steak from the grill and let rest 10 minutes before slicing into bite-sized cubes.
Step Seven: Meanwhile, combine your Mexican Street Corn Salad ingredients in a bowl. You can also prep this ahead of time if you want!
Step Eight: take a street taco tortilla and add the Mexican Street Corn Salad. Place steak pieces on top and then add additional feta, cojita cheese and fresh cilantro. Squeeze some fresh lime juice over top!
Made this recipe and loved it?! We would love it if you would take a minute and leave a star rating and review – it is also helpful if you made any substitutions or changes to the recipe to share that as well. THANK YOU!
Favorite Steak Tacos – a delicious steak taco recipe with an amazing dry rub and Mexican street corn salad! Packed with flavor and so easy!
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coffee
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Street Corn Salad:
- 1/3 cup mayo (we love this paleo mayo)
- ¼ cup feta cheese (feel free to use dairy-free feta)
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1–2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- pinch of kosher salt
- Approx. 2 cups cooked corn kernels *(see notes)
- Additional fresh cilantro and feta cheese for topping
- (optional) Grated cotija cheese for topping
- 12oz Country Natural Beef sirloin steak (if super thick feel free to butterfly)
- Street corn tortillas (I used Mission Street Corn Flour tortillas)
- Lime wedges
- Combine Steak Dry Rub ingredients and set aside.
- Combine Mexican Street Corn Salad ingredients. Stir to combine. Taste and feel free to add additional chili powder, lime juice, cilantro, etc. as desired.
- Preheat grill to high heat (500 degrees F) and ensure grates are clean and rubbed with oil.
- Pat steak dry with clean paper towel.
- Rub dry rub over steak as much or as little as you want.
- Grill steak over direct heat 3-4 minutes per side and then move to indirect heat until the internal temperature reaches approximately 140 degrees F (for medium/medium-rare).
- Remove from grill and let rest 5-10 minutes.
- Cut into cubes.
- Take tortillas and add a few spoonfuls of mexican street corn salad into the center. Add some steak and top with any additional fresh cilantro on top and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Feta Cheese: dairy-free feta cheese works just as well here!
- Corn: for the corn you can use any kind of corn you wish. Feel free to grill some sweet corn and cut off the kernels or you can even use frozen corn! If you are using frozen corn I would thaw in a cast iron skillet on the stove-top!
- Stove Option: you can easily cook your steak on the stove-top! This Pan-Fried Filet Mignon is a great resource for how to do it!
Keywords: steak tacos, street tacos, steak taco recipe